or Connect

Posts by academe

I don't think the Malte looks too large on your wrist; just wasn't sure if it would fit on mine (6.75")!I think you should give into the Overseas love. I like that big date function; it does a nice job of balancing out the dial and also looks subtly distinctive. Resistance is futile...
Like that Malte tonneau Mimo. Wish it wasn't quite so large!
[[SPOILER]]Those Langes rock! I especially like the Thin. Also I think the proportions on the new 1815 are better proportioned than the earlier 40mm version; bit more charming and genteel somehow. I can't wait to see it in the flesh.
But my wife has a seriously small wrist. I think the case size of her AP is under 30mm (26mm?). Much as I would like to try, there's no way I could pull it off!
....And just because I mentioned it, my wife's Jules Audemars Small Seconds: Finishing on the hand-wound calibre is lovely: Sadly it doesn't get much wrist time because it's too dressy for my wife's casual office place. I think she wants a Datejust for her daily wearer. I often find myself wishing that my wrist was small enough so I could borrow her watch.
We're a funny bunch aren't we? Objectively, I think that Journe, PP and Ferrier watches are beautiful watches, but I suppose what I was getting at is that I didn't like them enough to consider them as seriously as some of the other watches that I'm looking at. I just don't like them enough to want one, usually because of a minor design detail that just throws things off for me.For the Journes, the movement detailing and architecture are really like works of art, the dials...
Yes; that's the one. I understand that not all watches really appeal, even if - objectively - you might appreciate them. For example, the FP Journes don't really do it for me, nor do PP (time-only) Calatravas or Laurent Ferrier watches, though I understand how well crafted they are. The Jules Audemars self-winding watches really have to been seen in person to be appreciated. Even then, they just might not resonate.
Newcomer, just a quick thought: I know that it's got a bit more than 3 hands (i.e. 3 hands+date function), but what about a Jules Audemars Selfwinding? It has a nicely balanced 39mm case. Even though it's not an ultra-thin, it does have a slim profile (case height of only 9mm), a wonderfully decorated calibre 3120, and is really beautifully finished. The self-winding is probably the most underrated of the Jules Audemars collection, as it tends to get eclipsed by the...
You know I think I knew that. Was just having a momentary brain lapse. In any case, the MUT Moon and Grande MUT would be the two on my list.