or Connect

Posts by academe

I have to agree with Dino on this one. I love the concept of Nomos, and fully support them simply because they are a small company that has done so many impressive things in a short time. However, from an aesthetic stand point they leave me cold. Every time I think I'm ready to pull the trigger on an Orion or a Zurich, I pull back... I keep thinking that those thousands could be going to the Lange or JLC that's been on my list...
Now that I have time, I'll expand on my list...AP: Perhaps my favourite manufacture. I love their sense of design, their willingness to take risks and innovate, whether its with basic watch design (e.g. Millenary) or with new materials (e.g. forged carbon). Even though many criticise the Offshore range because of the endless stream of limited editions, nouveau riche celebrity endorsements, and sheer bling factor, one has to admit that it was a gutsy move for AP - one of...
AP JLC Lange Runners-up: Vacheron Rolex, Omega (sports watches)
There was a point made by a while back about the difference between finish quality and degree of embellishment or decoration. I haven't seen the IWC CF3 that Belligro referenced earlier in the metal, but from what I understand the finish quality for IWCs may be good, but movements may not always be decorated (particularly those behind a solid case back). Of course, my comment about finish quality relies heavily on some of the reviews of Walt Odets and other of historic...
Triple post?!
Seconded; I appreciate the passionate debate, but hope the main actors can dial it backdown a bit. Would be nice to keep TWAT a bit less combative that some of the other threads at SF...
Nearest pics to hand; my wife's Jules Audemars:Edit: Here's the dial!
aleksandr would you consider the JLC Master Ultra Thin? They have a new 38.5mm model which I really like: A bit dressier than the Master Control, but a really beautiful watch. I really like their Ultra Thin case; proportions and shape are elegant and fit nicely to the wrist. I'm looking forward to trying this one on in the metal; I've tried on a number of watches in this series, including the 40mm predecessor and the Ultra Thin Moon, and am a big fan. I think the...
I don't think watch prices will continue to rise as exponentially as in the past few years. My friends in the watch business in Singapore and Hong Kong have remarked at how the slow down in the Chinese economy have really hurt them...
Sure; but I was trying to reference watches that I might conceivably own in my life!