or Connect

Posts by academe

Belligro & Dino: Nice Daytonas! The creme de la creme of sports chronographs. Now one of you just needs to kop one in rose gold! Speaking of black dialled watches, what are TWATers thoughts on black dialled dress watches? I recently came across an article of the AP Jules Audemars Extra Thin Bolshoi limited edition, and that got me thinking about black dialled ultra thins. They are relatively uncommon but nonetheless there are a few (rare) but stunning examples: AP JA...
It's a cool idea, but I wonder if it might be a bit too narrow a topic to really have a strong readership? Perhaps it might make a nice feature on an existing website or blog? Perhaps you could approach existing bloggers/WIS writers, rather than going solo?
Not the best lighting, but it's Reverso day again.
That's a small altar?
Got it. I was just curious, because like you, I've admired NOMOS watches from afar but never enough to buy one yet. Never mind the fact that I'm trying hard to stay on track for my next (big) watch acquisition. The Zurich Worldtime has been on my radar as have the newer blau/braun-dialed Zurich watches, but I hadn't seen the Metro until you posted a pic of it here.
I kinda like it. Is the off-centre blue/red/white dial between 12 and 1 o'clock the "Gangreserve"? What attracts you to this one relative to other NOMOS offerings? I quite fancy the Zurich blaugold or braungold myself. The chocolate dial of the braungold is very warm:...And for the price, they have finished the movement quite well:
As a bit of an aside, as a PAM collector, any thoughts on the new PAM 560 (Luminor base with new in-house P5000 hand wound movement)? Read a review of the new in-house Luminors here and was curious. I especially liked the titanium PAM 564. I'm secretly hoping that the narrower profile of the new P5000 watches may mean that the 44mm cases won't swamp my 6.75" wrist. Or may be I should wish otherwise...
The nice thing about the PAMs is that they look good with different pairs of shoes, so may be swapping back to rubber may give your 112 a new lease on life?I fully understand the RO addiction. When they first released the diver and later variants (forged carbon, etc) I seriously considered acquiring one simply because I love my RO so much that I thought it would be great to have a sportier version for causal wear. Happily for my wallet, I've decided to stay the course and...
Yes; I've seen press releases and Ms Bapic certainly is...charismatic; just what you need for a very public retail director. Interesting trend that they are moving towards only using in-house movements exclusively. I suppose VC and others have done the same, although quite honestly given that they used to own a large share in JLC and have such high levels of finishing on all their movements, this has never bothered me either. The blue-dialed Dualtime is very handsome. I...
I understand this point of view and respect it. However, from my point of view, I've not been interested in acquiring a historical Speedy because it doesn't appeal to me aesthetically. The new '57 speaks to me more (although of course I fully appreciate what the original watch represents and it's unique place in history).I just wonder how much value Speedy collectors place on the new innovations and technological advancements of the new '57 (e.g. co-axial escapement,...