or Connect

Posts by Garfieldthecat

PM sent
Just got my pair of inco's, look great! Thanks to Chorse123 for getting them out quickly.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton The federal anti-torture statute does not say "waterboarding" nor does it say "simulating drowning" or any such thing. This has been a hot topic since at least 2004. Congress has passed a couple of landmark laws on it since then. Each time they have specifically declined to make waterboarding specifically illegal, or to specifically define it as torture. Your post is so disjointed I am not going to bother with most...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton There is no federal statute that defines waterboarding as torture. There just isn't and you have not produced one. If you can, please do so. I have posted the federal anti-torture federal law, and people have been convicted under that law for waterboarding. Am I missing something? Can you post the law that specifically makes killing someone with a pair of scissors murder? Does that make it legal then?...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I am so sick of reading this. It is proof, as if more proof were needed, that the CE is a weed-infested junkyard. Sure, there are flowers here and there, but you have crawl through so much trash to find them that it is hardly worth it. You can search federal law in vain for a statute that defines waterboarding as torture. One does not exist. There are, to my knowledge, NO examples of US citizens being prosecuted...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. A few random thoughts. I bet you'd probably not consider them evil however... We have waterboarded three terrorists since 9/11, can you name them? KSM was one, but that is irrelevant. That it happened at all is the point, who it was done on doesn't matter. Quote: The tactics of our enemy are to cut military contractors, journalists and soldiers heads off or to directly target innocent...
Quote: Originally Posted by wstewart03 Could anyone give me a good idea as to how much a tailor would typically charge to make a suit from fabric you bring in yourself? I know you would want to get a skilled tailor in order to get the best fit. Any recommendations in Dallas, TX? I would be interested to know this as well. Except I am in Atlanta, not Dallas
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 Audley has a cleaner look w/o broguing ++
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton No, I am sorry, you are wrong. I know this has become common opinion among liberals, but is still wrong. Carrying out or enforcing the law always requires interpretation. It can't happen without it. I suggest you go back and re-read Lincoln's speech on the Dred Scott decision which is the clearest statement of my position ever made. Indeed, I should say that my position is Lincoln's position. Don't...
Quote: Originally Posted by whnay. ROFL. This is a new low...even for SF. No, I'm pointing out how stupid to say that "bush protected us" , and as the reason why, is that we had no more 9/11 style attacks since then. I am pointing out, by that metric, Clinton had the same record. It's stupid to say Bush prevented anymore 9/11 style attacks becuase of his actions, when Clinton didn't do anything after the first WTC bombing, and we still had...