or Connect

Posts by axe

Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Chavez is elected in sham elections, which he steals though blatant fraud. He also harasses and jails opponents, engages in routine bribery, shuts down free media, and does a host of other anti-democratic things. Exactly. Zelaya seemed to have his sights set on becoming Honduras' Chavez; the Honduran government was thankfully wise enough to get him out of the way before he could do much damage. Imagine if...
Quote: Originally Posted by Étienne Coup, abduction and letter-forging FTW! Some aspects of it were bungled, to be sure, but their intentions are still admirable. I'd rather hear of letter-forging than a Chavez-like despot seizing power.
The world has reacted to this in a predictably backwards fashion. It seems to me that Honduras has shown a fine example to a region plagued with unstable governments; their head of state was overstepping his bounds and trying to seize more power than he was entitled to; as a result, he was thrown out. Honduras deserves praise, not condemnation.
Quote: Originally Posted by fox81 are you calling me a liar? Maybe they came from the factory with white paint on them to hide any imperfections, and the paint came off in the wash.
Were these taken with a wide-angle lens? The jacket is rather long for my taste, but everything looks fine. I find the trousers a bit long, but again, that's personal preference. Edit: agreed on the quarters suggestion.
Quote: Originally Posted by Phat Guido Have you tried buttoning it Kent-style?
Moose Knuckle means they're too tight.
Quote: Originally Posted by NorCal_1 Il Vechhio I wish il Signore Vecchio were a more active poster.
Quote: Originally Posted by CunningSmeagol Shit here comes the new vernacular... "Erect Buttons"?
I suppose there'd be no problem if you never, ever, ever ever take your coat off.