or Connect

Posts by whyme?

i am indeed referring to gitman vintage.. i own a number in S (14.5"), just looking to see if anyone carries S-M (15") off the shelf..http://unionmadegoods.com/product/gitman-vintage-broadcloth-banker-stripe-button-down-in-blue/
i know 14.5" typically equates to small (and 15.5" medium), but does anywhere (besides union) carry shirts in 15.0"? trying to avoid MtO..
any recent feedback on suit shop guys? tempted to get my first (well, second) suit via them here in melbourne.
yep, i moved on from ervell a good while ago no. webstore was real hit and miss for me - sometimes really helpful, other times i got donuts. of late, it's been the latter. wonder if patrik would try and turn thing around if he saw the dissatisfaction in this thread..
just ordered a couple S/S numbers from in small from mr porter. time will tell if they're a shrunken or a regular fit! i'm hoping for the latter..
webstore dropping its game? alright, been out of the ervell game for a couple years now but need a few shirts. i'm a pretty true 46 / small, but i am tall (6"+). i've had smalls from ervell fit me well in the past, and others just too damn small (too narrow, too high arm-holes). i generally wear medium in his outerwear. anyway, quick look at the measurements (are these still accurate?) tell me i should be sweet in a S button collar shirt (21.25" P2P). the standard...
thanks for the info but damn, made to measure is exxy.is there any rhyme or reason to the GV sizing discrepancies or is it on a shirt by shirt basis? i have a two lightweight zephr's from this season in small and one measures a good inch or so larger in just about every dimensions.. the other one i fear fits more like a regular GV small.. which is, alas, too small on me.
any guys here fall between sizes? i'm a skinny 6'0 guy, with otherwise 'small' proportions. size small, for the most part, is a tad tight (chest and overall length particularly - sleeves are bang on), but the jump to medium in GV seems to be big.. from an 18" chest to 21", apparently. should i go ahead at source some mediums? can't help but feel they'll be billowy in the body and too long in the arm. killer.
^ okay, thanks - so there are actually two collar sizes available and south willard is offering the smaller version?is it safe to assume that if the retailer makes no mention of a smaller collar, it is the regular size?
what's with the "smaller button down collar" description on most (all?) of the gitman vintage shirts on south willard? the healthier sized collar is one of the reasons i love gitman. are these different versions?