or Connect

Posts by whyme?

so, i don't think gitman have a size that works with my scrawny body. was wearing smalls which worked well in the body but were tad too tight in upper chest / shoulder and perhaps marginally short on the sleeve. tried a medium on in store and was clearrrly too large. ordered a size 15 MTO (small-medium) and shoulders, arms and neck work well, but by god it is billowy through the body - particularly at the back. what are my options here? simplest might be to extend the...
i sized up.
anyone with experience with the gitman / unionmade suiting? how is the sizing? i've been on the lookout for a nice cotton suit. i'm a true 15 (as in, between S & M in their oxfords.) 30" waist.
finally bit the bullet and got a made to measure. (sucks falling between small and medium off-the-shelf). anyway, well worth it in my case. fit is spot on. on an unrelated note - any way to avoid creasing? my gitman oxfords crease up like crazy over the course of a day (morning, even). i don't doing anything special to them.. just a gentle wash followed by a hot steam iron once they're dry. TIA.
how is the PE store behaving of late? people getting their stuff?
thanks for the heads up - cotton suit seems to be exactly what i need. i like the idea of being able to match with different colour trousers.i didn't spot any cotton suits when i was in MJ bale the other day.. perhaps it's a summer thing.how does cotton work / feel in these cooler months though? do wool seperates always look orphaned (daresay they do)?
also have an aeron, albeit in non-chrome. would definitely opt for chrome if your budget will allow.
i'm looking to up my corporate attire and purchase a suit or two. i'm an architect and our office dress is very casual - borderline sloppy. as for me, i'm almost a complete suit novice. with this in mind, i'm after a fairly 'casual' suit. perhaps unstructured or less structured, perhaps with 'expressed' pockets (unsure on terminology here). i had a quick look in the usual high st suspects this week (herringbone, MJ bale, brooks brothers, a few others at the emporium) and...
i am indeed referring to gitman vintage.. i own a number in S (14.5"), just looking to see if anyone carries S-M (15") off the shelf..http://unionmadegoods.com/product/gitman-vintage-broadcloth-banker-stripe-button-down-in-blue/
i know 14.5" typically equates to small (and 15.5" medium), but does anywhere (besides union) carry shirts in 15.0"? trying to avoid MtO..