or Connect

Posts by whyme?

^ okay, thanks - so there are actually two collar sizes available and south willard is offering the smaller version?is it safe to assume that if the retailer makes no mention of a smaller collar, it is the regular size?
what's with the "smaller button down collar" description on most (all?) of the gitman vintage shirts on south willard? the healthier sized collar is one of the reasons i love gitman. are these different versions?
so, got my first BoO oxford and yeah, it's pretty nice (although not quite sure it justifies the price-tag - still a good step up from my 'qlo.) anyway, i ordered knowing well that they run slim and short, and yep, they sure do run short. i'm a pretty sure 46 (albeit quite tall at 6', w/ a long torso at that) and opted for the size 2 (which fits well everywhere - except length). perhaps i'm simply used to longer oxfords but on the sides this guy is right on my belt line....
^ their loss. i'll take my shopping to continental european stores that automatically deduct vat (ie. you pay 20% less than their marked price.) - TBS, caliroots, our legacy, et. al. i've only ever had trouble claiming VAT with the british webstores.
^ have you got a refund on this lately? about to pull the trigger on some shoes that i suspect are almost out of stock and they still haven't gotten back to me on the whole VAT refund issue and can't nobody on the phone can tell me for sure (!).. almost inexcusable to be automatically charging non-EU residents VAT in this day and age. Most decent webstores detect your location and deduct such charges automatically.
anyone with six shirts in small they don't want, drop me a line!
not 1380. 380.
couldn't make my way through the entire thread, so - what is the general consensus on the slim fit oxford shirts? looking to step up from my uniqlo numbers (if it is indeed a step up?).
those are really nice. are they both the same shoe / gibsons? best place to kop?
are the postmans as glossy as they appear in stock photos? always turned me off.. otherwise a nice looking shoe.