or Connect

Posts by Aureus

Quote: Originally Posted by JET Don't ever wear sandals or flip flops with jeans is the first rule. I like the second pic but you look too "stiff" in it. Don't button the top button you have done, maybe unbutton the last one at the bottom and try rolling the sleeves up a couple times to give it a casual air that will match the romas. Bah, that depends very much on location. When you go to a college where the beach is always less than 1/4...
Longer sleeves... a bit of cuff should show when you wear the blazer. For the last outfit, maybe flip fops instead of 'man sandles' or an actual dress shoe?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim I'll just say that I like my 2004 Dodge Stratus. I have a little over 50k on it and so far have had no sludge. The 2004 Stratus uses a different engine than the 2002 Stratus. You don't need to worry about oil sludge.
Quote: Originally Posted by Violinist First of all, I have no interest in becoming a doctor. What does that have to do with this discussion at all? Quote: Secondly, my mother is a prof at both canada's best medical schools, and does a lot the interviews. My father, who is a surgeon, is very interested in someone's mechanical abilities, and in his experience, people who play instruments are automatically top candidates for working...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Exceptional medical students don't choose music and engineering - you have the chronology wrong. It would be more accurate to say that many exceptional people who major in music or engineering go on to medical school. You just misunderstand the statement, and it was unclear so.... To be wholly accurate and difficult to misinterpret the statement would be: 'exceptional students who intend to go to medical...
Quote: Originally Posted by lawyerdad Why, because it runs contrary to your blind prejudices? Among many other things, becoming an accomplished musician reguires a level of discipline and focus that would well serve one aiming for medical school. Depending on what kind of medicine one intends to practice, manual dexterity isn't a bad thing to have either. The reason why music majors, different than a musician, have a 'high' acceptance rate in...
In regards to slacks, look in blue and grey, they can work nicely with most shirt colors. In regards to a blazer/sportscoat. Start with Navy and then expand. I've got a Blazer in Navy and in Brown.
Quote: Originally Posted by Tomasso Working Buttonholes are now commonly found on low priced RTW, not to mention the aficionados who have them cut into their RTW jackets, where the only thing artisanal about the jackets are the buttonholes True, you can walk into Sears and Macys nationwide and find jackets with working buttonholes. Mind you, you can look at the button and see that it is poorly made...
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade But if that's the case, why do it? Because I like how it looks? /edit/ To elaborate. If I were to wear my clothes only so that other people liked it, I'd be like the rest of the 19 year olds wearing A&F t-shirts and True Religion jeans. I wear stuff that I like and I'm going to keep on doing so. Some of the 5% that notice will like it, some won't. If me having one, two, three or all buttons undone is...
95% Won't notice or care. 5% of people will notice and I don't care what they think.