or Connect

Posts by Histrion

Gin and tonics with a dash of cointreau Beef tenderloin, gorgonzola black olive butter, vegetables, whipped potato, bordelaise sauce A glass of red Côtes du Rhône The beef was well cooked and I liked the gorgonzola butter. Sauce was a bit subpar. Overall, a good meal.
I would say the Gable is still a rather classic suit. It is not too 'fashion-forward' or anything like that. The lapels are a touch narrower than on the Alton, but nothing too narrow.
Would you send it to me too? I am in Toronto a couple of days a month and I always have some time to kill -- that could be fun! Thanks...
I mostly wear Samuelsohn suits and I am very pleased with them. The Alton is fuller, more traditional cut that is quite forgiving. I am wearing a navy one right now and it makes for a quite good power suit. They can also take quite the beating. The Gable cut is more modern, slimmer and with higher armholes. It is a very nice cut. It is now over-the-top slim, but it has a beautiful silhouette. As far as I know, those are the two cuts that they have right now, though...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt Pumpkin veloute with parmesan foam Bayonne ham with olive bread Scallop tartare with truffles and Jerusalem artichoke puree Lobster ravioli with tandoori spices Bass with chive crust Squab with quinoa Two deserts 2004 Zind Humbrecht Pinot Gris 2003 Irologuy 1976, 1981 and 1945 Darroze Bas Armagnac That sounds delicious... May I ask where you were eating?
I am a fan. Great voice. Her album The Greatest is perfect for a lazy, rainy weekend afternoon.
I went on a quick trip to Western Canada, here's a sample of what it looked like food-wise... Calgary: Tasting menu at a downtown restaurant (I did not take notes and I am not doing this place justice as I forget the details, it was a great, great meal): - Arctic char mousse, various condiments (as I said, shaky memory there!) - Deconstructed prosciutto and melon dish: cold melon soup with diced melon, prosciutto. - Fresh, handmade agnolotti with white beans...
I have been eating sub-par food because of a pre-vacations rush. Last night: chicken parmagiana Lunch today: a rather bad shawarma Dinner tonight: probably some wrap on the plane, ugh.
I had ribs and fries for lunch. For dinner, chicken with prune and pancetta. Fairly lowkey Sunday...
Lunch: Manhattan-style Clam Chowder Cajun Style Seared Ahi Tuna Warsteiner beer I ate too much. I can't really work now... ugh.