or Connect

Posts by cheessus

I can't really afford $800 to take it right now, just the $200 for the exam itself. The $375 I'll have to save up for the character application. Also I don't see myself committing the hours to study for the Feb one. So putting that money in right now will stress us out financially even more, especially if I don't think I'll pass. But not having a license and therefore being able to get a legal career is equally stressful. I want to do IP/media law. I was doing work...
I need some advice and really have no one to talk to about it. I graduated in 2010 with a JD from a CA school and I do not have a license to practice law. Took the CA bar once and failed. Since then I have yet to take another bar exam and am currently live in the DC metro area (moved back here 8mos ago) where I grew up. I had a really rough time in law school and post-law school and was never able to get any traction with regards to building towards a career. As a...
With the holidays here, money is tight for me so I'm unloading a lot of stuff I don't need. It would really help me out if I can get something these items! I'm sure you'll get something you'll love too, and for a great price! I'm also selling some nice ties as well as two nice shirts. I am 5'8, 175ish athletically built, so in my case, thicker rather than skinnier. I am usually a 42R but my body is kind of weird and can vary quite a bit depending on brand. I regularly...
With the holidays here, money is tight for me so I'm unloading a lot of stuff I don't need. It would really help me out if I can get something these items! I'm sure you'll get something you'll love too, and for a great price! I'm also selling some nice ties as well as some nice suits. Sorry I dont have pics. They have been stored for the past 2 years and are wrinkly. I've worn them once but they were too tight =/ Please refer to the site for measurements. I have an...
With the holidays here, I'm in need of some extra cash so I'm unloading most of my good stuff as I have little to no use for them. Most items that aren't NWT have hardly been used. These ties I've worn maybe twice, definitely less than 5x. A few I got from SF. I've sold on SF quite a bit and have never had any complaints. I can assure you everything will go smoothly. All prices include shipping CONUS. Paypal only. If you have any questions, just shoot me a PM. ...
Sob story: poor and underemployed....With the holidays practically here, I'm just looking to unload some stuff so that I can get extra money for rent and presents (for others ). Check out my other listing for suits (RLBL, J.Press) and odd jacket. All items are in excellent condition, almost new. Most haven't been worn (at least in a really long time). I've sold quite a bit on here in the past before the new ratings system and believe I have a perfect reputation. If...
Sob story: poor and underemployed....With the holidays practically here, I'm just looking to unload some stuff so that I can get extra money for rent and presents (for others ). Check out my other listing for suits (RLBL, J.Press) and odd jacket. All items are in excellent condition, almost new. Most haven't been worn (at least in a really long time). I've sold quite a bit on here in the past before the new ratings system and believe I have a perfect reputation. If...
i can sympathize with him. was sorta in the same boat, but with a law(l) degree in cali. ended up moving back home in dc. i too was essentially just scared to call up people out of the blue. for a while, i never even made it to the "what should i ask/talk about" stage. got a job now, but its not what i want. however, i am paying my bills on time and am somewhat optimistic about moving towards the career i desire. once hes desperate enough, he will get over that...
i never had a gas stove living in norcal (4 different apts)
thanks for the advice! the hbs pitch thing was pretty cool and was actually really helpful. overall i think it went ok. i got a lot of business cards, and gave away a lot of my name cards out there. however, there is definitely big room for improvement. i need to work on just getting over myself and going up to people and making the initial contact, as im not the most gregarious person. im just bad at introducing myself "out of the blue" because i feel awkward which...