or Connect

Posts by cheessus

ive got a wedding to go to in 3.5 weeks and need some recommendations on where to rent/buy a classic tux (midnight blue(?)/black). before id just rent from mens wearhouse, but at 150/rental it is pretty ridiculous. but i really dont have much more to purchase a tux (~300-400max). i can see myself getting some use out of this tux in the near future as all of my good friends are starting to get married, etc... any ideas on where i should look? thanks.
oh btw. do not go to wing lei. that place was shit.
hey guys thanks for the response. so to update you guys.... i told him that i was just going to eat my plane ticket and not go. and then he said 1k. and then he told me to just come out and not worry about anything. so i did. i blacked out the first night we were there and played some $100 min blackjack with $400 lol. made a little over $6k on the hottest 45min streak of my life. gave him $1k and now i dont have to stress over saving up for a new apt next month. funny...
no, he is in finance. i told him about it. his offer to me is 1k for everything, and i wont owe him anything. that leaves me w/ 200 for 3 days of spending money. the first cabana does not include food/drinks. im thinking of saying no because there are things i want to do there such as play poker, gamble, see some stuff...am i being selfish and unreasonable? i might counter with 500 upfront, whatever i have left ill give him when i leave, and he can add whatever to my...
got a little bit of a dilemma and would like some advice on how to proceed: my friends bachelor party is next week in vegas. he planned everything with little input and paid for (most) everything ahead of time. we are expected to, rightly so i believe, to reimburse him when we get there. price for only 2 dinners + 2 day cabana rental is ~$2000+ pp (outside of airfare/rooms), and this is excluding anything else we might want to do. he gave us the final expenses earlier...
yerfdog and novaguy- thanks so much for those suggestions! never heard of that site before and law enforcement?....interesting. ill definitely do some more research on that. actually getting to discuss this with other people has reinvigorated me. thanks again to everyone.
the work i do with the solo practionner does not help me at all prepare for the bar, and ive done work in a wide variety of areas. the bar is really all about memorizing crap i wont "need" in practice. so you could say its a waste of time in that regard. im really only doing it to keep my foot in the door to meet new people in the legal field who may be able to help me. iirc, my mbes were pretty close maybe in the 130s, but i failed the essays because they werent in...
thanks flmm. i read over my post and i see what youre saying. right now is an extra miserable time for me to study for the bar (not that theres ever a perfect time). and while i did study a few hours a month the past few months, i feel woefully under-prepared. the problem taking it in feb is time+money. i will not have such problems if i take the july bar. right now, i feel like my chances of passing the feb bar is lower than my the july bar. but at the same time...
you guys are right. i 100% have the intention to take the bar exam. my only worry is that right now im not sure i have the ability (motivation) to bunker down and study enough to pass. moneywise, i may be able to borrow the money from family, but it will be tough. i dont have any CCs so i cant charge it to the game. how much worse off will i be if i dont take the feb bar and practically wait one year to get my license (if i pass the july bar)? take into account by...
Lobbying seems cool too, but I have no idea where to start with that.