or Connect

Posts by bigbjorn

Weak abdominal and back muscles. Potentially your bars are too low.
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 But I have no idea what about the pedals it could be. Worn outboard bearings would make that noise. My Speedplay Frogs have been making that noise for a few months. I should order the bearing kit, but I just use it as an indicator to work on my pedal stroke.
Quote: Originally Posted by L.R. I'd actually prefer to learn Swedish (the culture of Sweden has always interested me), but the language has a limited usefulness. Yeah, as I've said before, not much use learning a language that 9m people speak, especially when 8.9m of them also speak English. BTW as a Swede, I've got to know -- what about the culture of Sweden is interesting?
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 I realize you were trying to be helpful, so I apologize for my shitty reply. But you could have assumed, since it is "bicycle mechanics, remedial edition," as you say, that they were simply on too tight and that it was turning in the correct direction. I have changed a pair of pedals before. Fair enough. What kind of pedal wrench do you have? I have a VAR and a Park, and they're both long enough to put...
Yeah, no offense, but if you can't get a pedal off with a 15mm pedal wrench on the flats, what are we supposed to think? It's not like you're asking how to press in a BB30 bottom bracket, how a Campy UT Hirth joint assembles, or how to press in a headset... Removing the pedals from a crank arm is sort of "bicycle mechanics, remedial edition" now available from Rodale press.
Quote: Originally Posted by rdawson808 I didn't install them--the shop did. I'm having a hard time assuming they did [grease the threads]. You are aware that the non-drive-side pedal is reverse-threaded, to avoid loosening by precession?
Quote: Originally Posted by Bentech leasing a new VW Jetta. The new ones look sharp, and are surprisingly cheap. Don't do that. The new Jetta is a de-contented, poorly-built disgrace. It's a car that's cheap because it's cheap! If you're looking at a car in that class, get the Civic. Or get a 2009 Jetta.
LHS are not on the Barrie. They're on the Van.
Quote: Originally Posted by UnFacconable If you intend to drive a new BMW for 3 years (which many do), I would assume the rational actor would want to minimize total cost of ownership over that period. The problem with this statement is that the OP's financial situation doesn't meet the criteria of the subjunctive clause. So discussing which he should do is a bit like discussing whether or not he should invest in a sole proprietorship llama farm...
Real car enthusiasts don't lease BMWs. They drive an F250 to haul their car to the track.