or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

I'd do a plain hem on those. I think that cuffs work best with textured fabrics (linen, tweed). Plain hem with no break will look sharp as hell.Very cool! Looking forward to hearing your feedback!The shoes look great. As our sale shows, we didn't have much interest in the Carmina handsewns, but man, I personally really like them. That leather's going to wear in beautifully.Ah yeah, it's going to be a while off. We won't have a fresh delivery of sneakers until end Oct /...
+1. Brooklyn is serving up some authentic Southeast Asia-style humidity right now. And the look is killer!Hmm, I'll take a look. That's not possible on the current interior pocket as you'd see the button stitch / zipper from the front of the jacket, but always something to consider. I love functional pockets. For me, I carry most stuff in the front patch pockets of the Doyle.You'll love the black ones. I grabbed them myself. I typically don't wear black footwear of any...
All three are actually pretty even, but white is selling the most by a small margin
The shell cordovan that we're going to test will be Italian. I've seen it before. It's relatively thinner than Horween, so it's not great for shoes and boots, but it's most likely perfect for sneakers. This is something new for our factory though, so we'll only do it if the results are very good. Shell is a difficult leather to work with, and I'm going to be very conservative with what we release.The response to our sneaker release has been huge - we've actually sold way...
Thanks for the feedback guys. I'm still pretty open on the rear pocket design. Like rydenfan, I think that it's important to have a closure to keep things safe. How about if we used a button rather than that rear zipper? That's probably enough to hold whatever you'd put there.The front quarter top pockets are very functional too - they're not the usual shallow crap that you see on pants like this. You could easily carry a wallet in them.Absolutely, the tees will come in a...
New EPLA Samples I've got some pics to show of two new items in work. Both of these are scheduled to be delivered around mid-September. The samples are made in PFD (prepare for dye) white, but the production will come in a range of garment dyed colors. First off is the EPLA Knit Pant. It's got a quarter-top pocket, ribbed cuff, and rear zippered patch pocket. The rear zipper will actually be a vintage antique brass Talon zipper. We'll do these in S-M-L sizing, planned...
I'll work on getting some swatches. We won't use Horween Chromexcel, but rather an Italian chrome-tanned pull-up leather which is very similar. The color palette is a bit different though, so there should be a lot of good - and new - tones to choose from.Haha, what's a grown man sneaker size? Going forward we're going to stock 8 through 12, but preorders/group buys can be done up to size 14.That's correct, our Wilshire delivery around 8/1 will be the Cone '68...
Agreed, I love that leather. Although I believe that Guidi's are hand-made and then the entire finished item is washed. But the first step will be to investigate some pull-up leathers (essentially European-made Chromexcel) and the Italian shell cordovan.Thank you sir - enjoy them!
Ah if, you take the Rudy fit, then I'm 90% sure that the Wilshire won't work for you in any size. Going up two might fit you in the legs, but then the waist is going to be huge and borderline unwearable. We've got a Rudy-fit prototype (the "Fairfax") in development (very slow development), which will hopefully bear some fruit this Fall. I also want to wear our jeans, so I've got a personal stake in this.Yup, the Medium Kamigata is going to be equivalent to a Large Western....
Great - I'm really glad to hear that they worked so well for you!The sneaker business has been really exciting for us. It's something that I've wanted to do for a long time and the feedback has been tremendous. We've had several guys pick up one pair and then come back for a 2nd or 3rd. We're definitely going to build this program out aggressively for the Spring.All of our new knits will launch next week: the henleys, pique tees, and tubular knit tees. We're planning the...