or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Day one of Trade Shows done Hey guys! We had a fantastic day at the shows. Thanks to everyone who placed their Alden preorders. We put everything together and submitted it in person today. Had a few other developments: 1) We are green-lit for a timely delivery of 18 units in a color #8 shell cordovan Alden style. I know that we were all discussing a split toe boot with a commando sole. Want to go forward with that? I can set up a preorder for them next week. 2) This...
Nope, this is it for true flannels, although we'll have a few more brushed cottons and lightweight flannels like the last New England shirting drop.Shirt looks boss! And where is this indoor range? Not in Brooklyn, right?+1Your boots have aged really nicely, but it's high time for a full resole. I'd definitely recommend sending those to Nick V a t B.Nelson. I'd actually recommend them over Alden. He'll do a great job with them - and you can choose what sole you'd like to...
Alden Preorders Closing this evening Hey guys, Just a quick note - tonight's the deadline for this round of Alden pre-orders. We've got the Innsbruck Indy and four other styles on offer: ALDEN X EPAULET JAN 2015 PREORDER DEPOSIT
Hatch grain is essentially a thick workboot leather. I'd stay away from wax completely. Renovateur is a great product on the high end, or you could use simple Lexol conditioner as a cheaper option.I'm open to that, but we'll just be able to offer the Taunton boot for this round.I generally just use cream on my dress shoes. Wax shines are nice, but they're higher maintenance and show scuffs really easily.We have a pretty good stock amount coming in, but I'll be happy to...
As daily photography is a big part of my job, let me shamelessly promote the integration of Dropbox and the iPhone 6. It's like $99 for 1TB of space per year, and every pic and video that you shoot automatically uploads. It's absolutely incredible. The Iphone6 is also the first smartphone camera that I feel comfortable using in lieu of a real camera. I was skeptical about upgrading from the 5s, but the difference in image quality is enormous. Worth every penny IMO. All...
Haha I love it! That outfit is seriously tough. You could have been Morrissey's bodyguard in that getup.I pretty much dress like me in the 90's and play the soundtrack to match every time that I go to the gym.Yup. Around end-Feb to mid-March we'll get the Monochrome pack of all-white and all-black Tennis Low's and Tennis Highs.That's why I marked these last few sizes down. We're not going to restock these three varieties. The new white trainers will not have that grey...
Three Epaulet x New England shirts A box just arrived with our very first new shirts of 2015. Here's the lineup: EPAULET BY NEW ENGLAND SHIRT WHEAT FLANNEL: $140 This shirt has a great weight. It's a light flannel, so ideal for the next six months. Fabric is beautiful up close. EPAULET BY NEW ENGLAND SHIRT BROWN/NAVY CHECK BRUSHED TWILL: $140 This is rad. Light weight brushed twill that's an extremely comfortable sport shirt. Colors are really deep on it. There's this...
Not just yet on the triple double. And I certainly have NOT "back do'd Little Joe."You know, I bet that Ice Cube regrets using that particular phrase these days.Carmina-wise, I'm pretty sure that it's going to be that heavy-stitch captoe for the shoe.The boot was under some debate - although it seems like most guys were interested in the cross-strap Jodphur. I have a heavy Alt Wien boot pic to show, which could stir up some excitement.
Saw the lights of the Goodyear blimp. And it read Trick-ee's a pimp!I love that song so much. About a week after arriving in LA I literally ate a Fatburger at two in the morning, and I felt like I had arrived. Hard to act out the other things detailed throughout the song, but late night fast food was easy to emulate.For the moment we're sticking with leathers that we can confidently deliver in a reasonable time frame. We took a bunch of shell preorders last time on the Alt...
The issue with Brannocks is that you're not accounting for what kind of fit the customer likes. It's only really good as a starting point. I measure a solid 10D on a Brannock, but I wear a 9.5D in nearly everything because I have a low instep and I like a closer fit.Some guys like to wear their shoes really fitted. Some like them looser. Some have high or low arches. That's why I'll typically advise people based on comparative sizing.No one shoe can work for everyone, but...