or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@Duke Silver probably a few more weeks. They were not made in New England. We only use three US factories, and these were not New England and not Individualized :-)
This pic was uploaded to Instagram a few days ago - I think that it's a really rad fit with our Sand Chelsea Boots. His other pieces are a Our Legacy knit, Gitman Vintage shirt, and Blue Blue Japan jeans.   
 @el es dee thank you! We're going to shoot a lot more video going forward. We're planning to have a proper studio at our upcoming space in LA, and I'll work to shoot videos of nearly every item. And definitely video reviews of MTO fabrics.   @fairlynerdy you ever go to that ice cream place (Fajj's?) It seems pretty old school. My first trip to Perth Amboy was last year, so I'm not too familiar with it.   @lifeinabox great fit on you!   @justinkapur ace fit and I dig that...
Fit photo from yesterday. We were profiling hard in Perth Amboy, N.E.W. Jerz.. where plenty drama occurs. Standing in a B-Boy stance.    On me:  DJA Sea Island Cotton MTO Individualized Shirt, Artisan Collar Taylor Trouser Grey Hopsack Vass Museum Calf Monks   On Jim: Blue British Oxford MTO Individualized Shirt Taylor Trouser Khaki Military Twill Shell Alden Loafers     Right after I put this on Instagram, someone commented "Mark Cuban and Peyton Manning...
 @Thefenceposts that's the plan, but we're realistically looking at 1-2 seasonal fabrics per season. Has to be something that works on its own as an odd jacket or trouser. And is easy enough to move a lot of units.  For Fall, I'll absolutely do an Oxford Grey Barberis 150s Flannel. That's going to move the price point out to maybe $750, but the guys who did Barberis Flannel trousers with Hertling can attest: this fabric is seriously freaking boss. And that makes sense as...
 @Duke Silver the jacket has a welt breast and hip open patch pockets.  For the Rudy, I'm going to use myself as a test case. I REALLY want to own this suit. I typically take a 34, so I'm going to try and tailor in a 36 to see if it works. If I can get it to work than any Rudy guy can. I'll let you guys know.  The jackets can be bought as separates too - and they'll be priced $495 for the SB and $545 for the DB. They're going to be rad on their own as navy sportcoats. 
 @applky @avsmusic1 yeah, we've fit tested this on quite a few people. The Vittorio shape - like our existing stock of Luigi Bianchi pieces - lends itself well to fitting. Many guys who would typically need an odd size find that one of the Vittorio evens work. The shoulders are soft enough to drape, so I typically recommend getting the larger of the two and taking in the waist a bit if need be.   @metranger8694 well, you're not totally wrong there. US companies pay pretty...
     Hey everyone,  Thanks for the feedback! I'll have the actual products here very soon to show you, but let me give you the background.  The voyage for our "Epaulet Suit" started about a year ago. I've been to six suiting factories throughout Portugal and one in Italy. The idea was:  1) Proper fabric (Using VBC 110's in this case)2) Retail between $500 - $6003) "Vittorio" Spec jacket (half-canvas, unlined lapel, un-constructed shoulder, butterfly liner)4) Properly made...
 @cyclohexane take a look through older Junya and Comme Des Garcons SHIRT stuff-  you may find some contrasting things there that you dig.  I could definitely see a fun gingham shirt that's made that way. Something like a Indigo Gingham Body and Orange Gingham collar. Or do the same idea with the Bengal stripes.  Also, I've got these seven linens going live this week - the colors are bonkers there. They are all the same weight, same texture, so easy to play with. You could...
^ Something cool that you might consider is doing a stripe body and a solid contrasting collar. We did this in an Epaulet x Mark McNairy shirt about a thousand years ago...     Crazy. I remember that he still worked at J.Press and he brought that fabric in a cab to our sewing factory in NYC.