or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@Akeem it's 55 for the Driggs. It was $25 for a minute when we were building it out - although we'll honor that lower price for anyone who got in on it.   @AloysiusSF yup, it's all true! But just note the thing about the buttons. One of them may fall off down the road. I don't have any extras and we can't offer any repair service, so you'd have to get it fixed by a place like Self Edge that has the right machine and hardware. 
Brooklyn Closing Sale   Hey guys,    Dylan and I are cleaning out the Brooklyn shop over the next two days. We've got some leftover merchandise from the sale that we're putting online for absolutely nutzo prices. I have it all in a direct link now:    View Brooklyn Closing Sale Assortment   I'm only posting this here today. It will be in the newsletter this coming Friday, so you guys have first crack at it. We're updating things as we count them. Couple of...
Loopwheel Tee in Vinyl   Okay, I recognize that I'm talking about the costume design in this show to an absurd degree. I seriously like it. And I'm happy to say that they featured the first of (hopefully) several Epaulet garments! Back when they were filming, the costume director picked up a bunch of shirts, tees, and trousers. Here's the first piece in action - right in the last setting of the season finale...     White Loopwheel Tee, Size Large....     Well,...
 @Mghart - yup, I'd go the same way as @TtownMD for the hopsack trousers.   @metranger8694 yeah, that's a big part of it, I'm wearing the cotton Taylor pants in that shot.  Also, the pockets are a bit lower. Thing is, it's a dress shirt pocket that's doubled, and they tend to sit lower than the usual "work" style shirt that would have dual flaps. Still looks rad as hell in person!   @Spaghettimatt I'd absolutely agree with @lifeinabox - go for the size 36. With all of the...
 @Beatlegeuse haha, right - it only took us 8 years to put out something with epaulets! 
 @Nik Telford Any of the other chambray's are good in this, and I'd also love it in a solid linen. We have an Ivory white linen going up this week which would be rad in the Finestra shape. Very "Purple Label."  In the world of dressy shirting, either the white or blue Sea Island cotton (in the "S" price range) would also be seriously boss in this. 
 @Nik Telford - cool, I thought it would be your style!   @rydenfan thanks! I think the fabric works perfectly with this. And his costume design is great. They definitely put the other dudes in very 70s throwback clothes, but Bobby Cannavale's stuff looks a lot more modern. Kind of like 1970s style and current Neopolitan stuff had a kid.  The show got better as the season went on, but I appreciated the clothing in it from day one.   Agreed... that thing looks really boss...
The "Finestra" Sample   Okay, it's been a few weeks, but our swaggy chambray sample shirt just came in. Inspired by the costume design on Vinyl, I spec'd out the following:    Unlined Artisan Collar Dual Flap Chest Pockets Shoulder Epaulets Indigo Chambray             And... I'm kind of in love with this shirt! Especially paired with the cotton Taylor pants. I feel like it's something that Helmut Newton would wear on a photoshoot in Joshua Tree...
 Yeah, it's a mix of all three of those colors in reality. I'd say that it reads more olive than the others though  @Nik Telford we're going to be one ass-kicking barbershop quartet! 
 Even a master of shirt measurements can be wrong sometimes, haha Those were originally detailed by @sacafotos - he was the dude to pick out those baller fabrics!