or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

I don't expect it will change very much with a cold wash. It was already given that in Los Angeles. It's definitely a bit smaller than it was "raw," just nowhere near as shrunken as it should have been.One thing to point out - in this world of heavier chambrays and denims, the sizing on garments isn't static. Not like a wool sportcoat would be. As you guys know, when you wear a jean it tends to stretch as its on you but then contract after a wash. You can expect that on...
Ireland's Eye Fisherman Sweaters These guys are online. We carried them last year and the key sizes sold out pretty quickly. These have a killer value for the price. Buy your Epaulet shirt size if you like the more traditional fit (shown on Dylan, who's wearing a Medium). If you want it really slim, then I'd advise to go down one size. SHAWL COLLAR FISHERMAN SWEATER FLECKED BLACKBIRD by IRELAND'S EYE: $230 SHAWL COLLAR FISHERMAN SWEATER FLECKED NAVY by IRELAND'S...
Ok, let me know how it turns out. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their Chambray Doyle, so if you can't get the same shrinkage results and it's way out of the quoted sizes then we work with you on it. The only thing that I can't do is make any more of these, so hopefully we can get it to a point where you're satisfied with it. That fabric is pretty incredible.Well, Dylan's fit pics are a bit off as he has a relatively long torso for his height. But yes, Cafe Racers...
Okay, next up - we received the long-awaited restock of our Wyatt jacket in Brown Horween Horsehide. This was our best-selling leather piece by far last year. The big distinction in this from other horse jackets is the weight of the leather. Typically horsehide jackets from the likes of Schott and Aero are HEAVY. That huge weight of the leather makes the fit larger as well. They need to be, because they are traditional riding jackets. For the Wyatt, we custom-ordered a...
Absolutely, and since it's a rugged cotton without a liner, tailoring should be pretty inexpensive. But some considerations:1) shortening sleeves & tapering the body is easy.2) shortening the body is probably possible to the tune of 0.5 to 0.75". Anything more than that and it's going to look strange as the pockets will probably seem too low.3) there's no seam allowances to let the body out or lengthen the sleeves
Excellent! I had two local guys do it as well, and the Nuclear option has proved effective across the board. This is essentially just what our wash house should have done.I'd say just hot water - and that's more for your machine than the garment. Chances are that your machine has more than enough excess detergent hanging out inside it already. Use the hottest possible water and highest possible setting on your dryer.
Hey guys, We're rolling out a bunch of product this afternoon for the newsletter. I'll post things here as they go live. First up is the Heirloom Cardigan. This is a fairly legendary Epaulet piece that we haven't made in a few years. We've got two absolutely killer new colors (Dark Glacier and Grape Heather). The online copy is written long form to a ridiculous degree, but I left most of it in there because I think that the story behind these pieces is pretty...
Hey guys, the sneakers are going to be a special Epaulet x Styleforum project, so I can't spill too many of the beans right now. But we're aiming to launch them next week. They'll be done on a preorder/group-buy basis, so there's going to be plenty available for everyone. And we can order into any size in our range. They look seriously boss, and I think that you guys will be pleasantly surprised by the price too. I'm really looking forward to the big reveal next week!
Hmm, gimme a couple of days on that
NUKE THE CHAMBRAY DOYLE Hi guys, Thanks to everyone who ordered the Chambray Doyle. At this point, we should have every unit shipped out - so you either have your jacket in hand or you'll have it shortly. I'm really sorry to hear about the length issues. It caught me off-guard, as we initially made up a sample in the proper fabric and ran it through a wash test. When you're dealing with washed and pre-shrunk fabrics, it's impossible to get things exactly right, but we...