or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@FLW I love the shirt. As a distinct non-runner, I'm definitely envious of that. My last attempt at putting on a popover was slightly less smooth than my 2yo daughter attempting to put on a shirt. I needed help taking it off after getting it on halfway. Matt Smith used to wear them really well too.    @konadog I'd say the same thing as @SherifEnt - size up to a 43 and you should be good. Measure out the sleeve inseam and figure where you'd like it to hit - you can give us...
Ok, I'm just gonna throw this out here. On my way out of the Southwick fabric room, I came across this "Cinco De Mayo" fabric. They were shutting down (union rules) so I had no time to photograph or video it. Not even sure what the yarn is, but it felt like some kind of wool-cotton blend.    This was bought by a past wholesale client who abandoned it there. I cannot resist ordering myself a coat in this cloth because.. I can't pass on the opportunity to have a Mexican...
Couple fit photos from today: Vittorio Farmers Check Jacket Individualized DJA Sea Island Cotton MTO Shirt Taylor Trouser Grey Hopsack VASS Ilcea Museum Calf Double Monks Barbour Tokito "Horse Riding" Jacket AP Royal Oak Chrono Check out the shirt and jacket mix. Although many people don't like to match check shirts and jackets, I do it all of the time as long as the shirt pattern is subtle enough. The look of this coat will give off a similar vibe to the Firenze or...
 @onehotchili I can speak from personal experience on this one. Anyone who knows me has seen me wear a navy sportcoat. I grabbed one of our original Vittorio jackets from Fall 2013 in this exact fabric (LP 4-season pique) and it's the only navy jacket that I own. I wear it 2-3 times a week and I've traveled all over the world with it. I definitely don't care for it like I should and I often use a shoulder strap with it. It's held up beautifully!This fabric isn't the...
 @FLW these came out incredible! The look is super-boss with that cool shirt too!   @Pastor I'd do it with either blonde horn or brown horn. Can't go wrong with either of them. If you're cool with blonde, then do that - I think that it will be a beautiful contrast with the suit color.   @FrankCowperwood haha very cool!   @BenLeaman you guys are going to be a gang!   @adamf009 all of the Ends promo fabrics can only be done with a single vent. They needed to get some economy...
 @Duke Silver oh yes, the dark indigo linen is absolutely beautiful! Size up one in the waist to keep it comfortable as a Rudy trouser in really hot weather. Or consider doing TTS in the Taylor - we've sold a ton of linen Taylor & Gable trousers this season. The other option would be Navy Seersucker - I'm a huge proponent of that fabric and I'm bringing myself a pair for LA. It's excellent and might hit that casual look that you're after.   @eljlakers glad that you guys...
 @JR Magat we've got enough for 5 suits. It's very cool!   @applky it's on the realm of a typical suiting fabric. I'd prefer the REDA on a really hot day, but both of them are essentially 4-season suiting wools and will only be so comfortable when the humidity ratchets up.  And yes, The REDA ground is a very soft grey and Firenze is cream. I whipped up a quick side-by-side shot...    @Duke Silver sorry that I missed this!  Yup, the Grey Yarn Dye Twill is the exact fabric...
 @tkliebert it's similar but not the same. The Farmers check is a really strong pattern, bigger scale, and it's very light. I wouldn't wear it in the Fall. REDA or Firenze is going to give you a similar vibe, but you'll be able to wear it much more in Michigan. I'd pair it with navy, grey, or pale olive pants - and of course jeans. You could do it in the Fall with flannels (the Vittorio would look a little wacko with a heavy pant). And you can't beat the price! And agreed...
Okay, sorry to keep dragging out the fabric posting...   I loaded up some new suiting swatches. There's offically only four fabrics left to post:    1) Navy Variegated Pinstripe suiting: navy with two different weights of stripes 2) Solid Navy Cotton Poplin 3) Basketweave Mid-Weight Grey Wool: This is a heavier cloth, in between suiting and flannel. Not really Spring/Summer, but pretty remarkable.    I have to apologize that my video for this fabric below has no...
This is also a nice one - 2 units available...