or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@Don L thank you sir! 
 @notwithit yeah, the Blake would be a good spot for it. We'd have to run a color like that as a GMTO honestly - I've tried doing Milkshake suede with Alden in the past, and it was hard as hell for me to pull off. The color is just too hard for most of our customers. But if we got 12 guys together who wanted it, then we could get that though. And the blake boot has a really accessible price point. 
 @FrankCowperwood thank you!  Great minds think alike on this - I've already got a lace-up boot in development with an inset shaft. That way it's easy to create a two-tone style with suede/canvas/whatever on the top and something else on the bottom. Really fun for GMTO's especially. My initial sample was okay but it needs another round of pattern work. I think that they'll nail it the second time around and I can show you guys.  I can also tell you guys that I'm working on...
 @Gambletrade thank you sir - great choices!   Ah.. not quite.. it's going to be more like this... 
 @bkotsko great points! It's definitely Plaza-ish. I worked off of one of their lasts and built this one out. Like the lovechild of a threeway between Alden Plaza, Carmina Rain, and SLP I actually love the Saffiano too! Gives a fresh look to the PTB. I think that it could be dope in a lace-up boot too - which is something that I'm working on. The colors will only be Cognac, Mocha, and Brown - just like the bags. The minimums for a custom Saffiano color are enormous, so...
 @El Argentino ah yeah, it probably is snuff. The color is all over the freaking place - even back from when we sold Carmina's. It's notoriously inconsistent in tone.   @katabatic agreed, that's how most guys styled it. I like it best with open patches. 
 @notwithit there's gonna be two. GYW on top (about $425), Blake on Bottom (about $275). The Blake ones will probably not be done in suede. I've got a tuff-guy horsehide to run them in which makes more sense. That way we can hit both sides of the market without too much crossover. And it can make sense for the same guys to own both. GYW boots are tapered, leather sole, more formal and designed. Blake boots are rounded toe, rubber/leather sole, more casual and easy.  And...
 @El Argentino Thanks! That blake PTB is still in work, we're going to re-do the vamp and sole on that to get it up to speed.   @badsha oh yes, and quality is on par to (honestly) a bit better  @dalevy it's not a huge difference in price for open vs. closed, but I love the look and feel of closed.  I'm looking forward to showing all of this new product to you guys. We can't be the cheapest out there, because there's always going to be people like Meermin or Allen Edmonds...
Goodyear Welt Samples   Hey guys, I'm getting ready to do our first GYW order. I'd love to hear what you guys think! I'm shopping around for feedback on Reddit too, so here's what I posted there:    I had a fantastic time doing an AMA here a few months back. At the time, I was speaking of our upcoming Goodyear Welt collection. I'm happy to say that my first two samples came through! I'd love to get your feedback on the overall styling and anything else that you'd like...
  @FLW @Thefenceposts I'll run the samples by you guys as we develop it. It won't exactly be a Teba jacket - it's going to be more like the Teba and our New England shirtjacket had a kid.  I'm definitely working on a lapel that will be cool and Teba-ish.  And the pockets could be either three open patch or open patch breast and button flap hip. I'll take a vote on it as we get closer.    @Patrick R yup, the Wilshire is sadly discontinued. @applky is entirely...