or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

I felt like I spent like a full hour reading the TOJ thread once. It was amazing. It flies in the face of everything I thought that I knew about selling clothing.  That's sharp @justinkapur - it it nylon and leather?  Not really - they're both made with the same cut pattern. The biggest difference between the two is fabrics - each factory uses their own goods. And Gitman shirts have mother of pearl buttons while New England shirts are resin.  @OdusBK We're going to get...
All Epaulet: was trying to work a casual look around that sportcoat
 @Bobbo316 the heirloom sweaters from Canada? They're already in-transit, so I'm expecting them any day now. Probably late next week. We'll do the online balance payment once they arrive and get them turned right around. Can't wait to see them! I'm also getting a list of available yarn from Northern Watters. If we're quick, we can do another small preorder round at the end of August for delivery right before Thanksgiving. We won't have all of those colors, but should be...
 @StanleyVanBuren About 3.25", so a bit wider than our current ones which are right under 3". This is similar to the Vittorio lapel width.
 @FLW exactly that - it's using a softer lining for the sleevehead and a new angle for attachment. I couldn't tell you the exact details - it came from my meetings with the patternmaker and showing him other shoulders that I liked. It's a slight refinement, but I think that you guys will notice and appreciate the difference.   @lifeinabox sure thing, and just email me when you know when you want to come by - we'll be sure to have the fit samples on hand. There's just one...
 @lifeinabox The Bernard was a really directional fit. Samuelsohn makes coats for Paul Stuart's main line (big, relaxed, classic) and the Paul Stuart Phineas Cole line (sharp, extremely slim). I wanted to split the difference with our Bernard design and make it a slim-fit jacket that still worked for a wide variety of physiques. We didn't get it close enough, honestly. For some guys - like you - it worked brilliantly. But the fit would be problematic on a lot of of others....
 Haha, every now and then I end up on something like the TOJ thread or the Ambrosi Napoli thread and I'm like... 
 Ah, typo - meant $35 on that
 Yes and no. They'll definitely be short on you in the traditional sense, but they're sweatpants and $25, so you can make your own rules with them.   Yes on more loopwheels, but this is probably it for the season. We don't sell basic tees well in the Fall, so we'll be looking at an early Spring restock for those. Glad that you like them! Definitely give the Union Jersey stuff a try for the Fall, it's really excellent. Different than the loopwheels, but similar in bang for...
   @lifeinabox Hopsack is an absolutely phenomenal suiting fabric. Compared to the usual wool suiting twill that we all know, here's the pro's and con's:  HOPSACK PROS: 1) More comfortable and apt to move with you2) Cooler on warmer days3) Stronger yarn, longer wear4) Heavier weight so it drapes better, but a more open weave so it breathes well despite the extra weight5) Traditionally a sportcoat fabric, so the top suiting jacket can work very well with other...