or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Sharp fit on you! And where do I get a skeleton like that?   Thank you sir! I put up a photo of my 15 week pair yesterday... 
Sport Trainer at 15 weeks:   
Here's a recent sizing question...   On Sun, Jun 21, 2015 at 7:57 PM, wrote: Hi,    I am interested in purchasing the horsehide tennis trainers, but have a question regarding the sizing. Can you please recommend a size to me?    References: Brannock: ~10.5D US AE 5 last: 10D US Alden Barrie: 10B/D US Nike Athletic Shoes: 11 US Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!       Thanks for your email. So, you're looking at either a 10 or a...
 It should be. Typically, unfinished leathers like these can be painted and dyed to whatever color you want. There's a Portuguese shoe brand called Carlos Santos who is pretty well known for this:  Honestly, I'm not sure what exact paints/dyes are used for this process, but the Unfinished Horse leather should be a candidate for it if you want to experiment 
 It's always going to be a bit irregular, but you can control it a bit by using oil and protectant. Use a one-two punch of real mink oil... http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FJQSY8?ie=UTF8&tag=valet-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=B000FJQSY8 And then after that, use a very light coat of Obenaufs LP: http://cdn3.volusion.com/ryueq.uzuge/v/vspfiles/photos/HEAVY-DUTY-LP-8-2T.jpg?1418665792 This is going to darken the leather up quite a bit, but in a...
First wear of the Tennis High samples today...  
First wear of the Tennis High samples today...  
Feel free to email us any questions that you have on these. Since a lot of inquiries have been coming in, I'm going to post up some of my responses for everyone to see. You might have the same question   On Fri, Jun 19, 2015 at 6:28 PM wrote: Hey Mike,   I just saw your email about the UNFINISHED HORSEHIDE TRAINERS! Man, you guys don’t stop with the excellent offerings!    I’m wondering if buying the SADDLE Cuoro’s would be redundant with buying the tennis low...
Some fit pics of the FC High Trainer on the street today:     
 They're built off of the same last, so nearly everyone will take the same size. The main difference is style and height. The Tennis High is kind of that old-school mid-top - like a Chuck Taylor high in height. The FC is more of an 80's basketball style, so the height of an Air Jordan 1 or so.  Just comes down to your preferences. I'll say this though - if you were a sneakerhead at some point and you collected Nikes or whatnot, then you'll probably like the FC better.  If...