or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Huge thanks to @SherifEnt for posting up photos of that Thomas Mason Linen Stripe! We just got one in the store and took some additional shots.   You can order it here. Fabric number is M19BLS       This fabric is also really rad. It's technically a Spring fabric, but it's not particularly thin, and I'd have no problem wearing it in the Fall:    It's in the same online item as above: Fabric is Cezaire Red & Blue X32RBP  
 Really sharp! @Don L @chickenfark oh, sorry my fault - it's measured from the shoulder seam. That's a cut and paste error, the original text described a raglan sleeve. I'll fix that. Thanks for calling it out  @JR Magat I've got this photo of them...  It's not the greatest. We're still waiting on an actual buttoncard with all of the options.  I will say that they're the nicest MOP buttons that we've offered to date. We use MOP on our Stock Gitman shirts, but these are...
 @duff406 we'll surely be able to do another round-up order for kids sweaters with NW, still waiting to hear if they have the capacity to do more adult ones too. Just depends on how cold the season starts out and how busy they are.  Mocha & Tobacco is really great. Dylan always wore brown sweaters well, and convinced me of them. I love them with indigo denim.   @Nik Telford yeah, definitely the best seller so far. It's a great color and being fully made up really helps....
And also, just in case anyone is confused by the sudden appearance of toddlers in our newsletter...   PONCHO & PARKER: PONCHO'S FOR KIDS!    This is a side project that my wife Adele (also a co-owner of Epaulet) is doing with one of her best friends. She made these ponchos with a really nice factory in Turkey. The idea came about a few months ago when she bought a similar product that was made in China at a local kids' store. My daughter went crazy for it and started...
 @Michigan Planner yup, I'd say to take a True Size 42 (Tagged 44) in these. You're gonna love these!  And man, that Ultraviolet yarn is going to be the freshest sweater of all freaking time.  I'll tell you guys all about this stuff later today and Dylan is going to shoot a video narrating the fabrics that we bought into. 
Going thru our Fall Hertling stuff right now. Can't believe that I forgot about this, but we'll be offering the two best corduroy fabrics in the history of mankind...     We haven't seen this fabric since 2010. It is UNREAL. Here's some fit pics from when we had it. It looks purplish, but that's just the stupid phone filter I was using. It's more of a steel grey, with the slightest bit of a purple cast in sunlight.      It's one of the most "Styleforum" fabrics...
 @Patrick R oh gotcha.. cool. Yes, they Somelos are a bit shorter by nature than our EPNY from New England, but that's mostly the difference between pre- and post-wash. The Salt wash process is pretty intensive - it's stronger than a typical machine, so things really shouldn't change after that. All cottons contract and expand with washes and wear though. You see that with jeans - they're significantly shorter right after a wash.  Yeah, I'm thinking that @duff406 's...
Hey guys - the Somelos shirts are definitely washed pretty heavily, so nearly all of the shrinkage should be out of them. We've sold about 300 units so far and this is the first that I've heard of any problems. But a couple things:1) Try ironing out the sleeves. When oxfords and plain weaves are pressed, the sleeves can sometimes gain up to a half inch. That might do the trick.2) Cold wash / hang dry is the best method to clean all of our shirts. Warm water and tumble dry...
 @CanadaCal yup, really easy to do, and you're correct, the 3-ply will make up larger. Best thing is to send me detailed photos of you wearing the EP NE Medium and we'll go from there. Would probably be a combo of knocking out the box pleat and bringing in the yoke by 0.5"  @duff406 lot of great stuff in there! Especially nice fall basics. Our last few rounds were heavy on the "nutzo," so it's cool that this batch is really wearable  @Gambletrade leather bags should hit us...
 @zinc2162 you're totally right, it's needlessly confusing to call it "university blue." I just renamed it "blue." Like it post ta be.  It's been one of our best-selling fabrics since day one, you're gonna love it. Thicker than the usual oxford and a great Fall/Winter shirt. Fabric is basically unbreakable.