or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Haha, absolutely. It looks great on the two of us too - the only difference is that we both let it out in the waist by about an inch. 
GABLE SINGLE-PLEAT TROUSER It's up! We've got four fabrics to choose from. There's a lot of detail in the copy, but just note:      1) The shape should work for all Epaulet trouser customers (Walt, Rivet, Rudy, Driggs). Order your usual size.    2) The waistband hits at your stomach. It's impossible to make one shape that works for everyone, so expect that you may have to let the waist out or take it in to make it work perfectly. We put 3" of seam allowance in the...
Adele and I went to the Rainbow Room at the top of Rockefeller Center last night. We had a great time and it was the Gable's maiden voyage for me. Not the greatest fit shot to show off how the pants look, but they're easily worn with a Vittorio sportcoat. They can definitely be as conservative a style as you need them to be.     
 @El Argentino very sharp, that's a great combo  @rydenfan oh just you wait. I'm going to make a Gauzy Flannel Donegal Shell Cordovan Gable that you can't resist!   Yup, that's exactly what we have. Oxford Grey Flannel, REDA Medium Grey Hopsack, Dark Navy Marl Flannel, and Purple Haze Crosshatch Flannel  @Michigan Planner this is great! We're thrilled that you're so pleased with the suit, and those buttons were a boss choice with the tweed  @lifeinabox haha! Alfani was my...
 @lifeinabox haha, I loved me some pleats in the 90's! I remember pleading with my mother to buy me a forest green double breasted suit at JC Penny so I could style just like Prime Minister Pete Nice at Catholic school. Those pants had some serious pleats in them. I could have smuggled in a pillow or a mongoose and no one would have been the wiser.   @bkotsko honestly, probably not. I have a factory that makes nice braces, but I don't think we have enough demand for them....
 @gnatty8 exactly. The part that hits your hips is actually almost the same measurement as a Walt.  So a Walt 33 measures about 34" at the waistband. A Gable 33 measures 33" at the very top, but 34" at the same spot where the Walt would end. It just depends on whether that taper is a good match to your body. The thighs have more room than the Walt and work just fine for a Rudy customer. Everything is nicely balanced: the pleats are functional but subtle and the leg is...
 @sartoria vacua we usually carry Van last styles up to 11.5, and we'll just get 2 units in that size.  @theh00d haha, we've got plenty of love for the lanky guys - believe me! We just arrived at our stock range by trial and error. Some of you guys one here might remember that 28's and 29's were a regular part of our stock lineup. Problem was: they were really difficult to sell. I'm not sure why as we do a decent amount of MTO and GMTO work in that size, but it was...
 @justinkapur great to hear!   @mdubs we've definitely sold plenty of straight-up purple pants, but the Pale Grape is really subtle. It's way more of an oxford grey with a purple cast. I've worn my pair as a stand in for medium grey. 
HEIRLOOM SWEATERS HAVE ARRIVED!    Hey guys!   They're finally here! I activated the Balance Payment item a few minutes ago. We're doing a ton of shipping today, so we'll send these out first come, first served. If you can get your balance done in the next few hours then we'll work to get it off to UPS today-tomorrow:      EPAULET BALANCE PAYMENT HEIRLOOM HANDKNIT SWEATERS
 @JR Magat actually we can still take orders on those today, they won't start cutting anything until Wed-Thurs. You'll LOVE the Kale-Khaki, it's a brilliant rich green tone and really soft, luxurious fabric. I have the same cloth from a few years back in a different color.   @TweedyProf the new suede belts are thicker than in the past, but I wouldn't necessarily say that they're better quality. Just different. We had a lot of guys who wanted to wear their suede belts...