or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

They'll be either next week or the following week - coming with OD Wilshire jeans too. Without the SM store, our product launch cycle got a little bit slower (that UPS Ground to NYC is a killer) but we've got plenty of good things on deck. Next week will be the Kamigata and a bunch of new EPNY shirts.Yup, I'd agree - the Doyle basically matches everything.$175 for the current two denims. It will go up/down depending what fabric we use in the future.Thank you sir! Sounds...
Yup, it will be next week - we've got our big delivery of stock arriving on Tuesday. We had a preview quantity of them available at the Santa Monica closing event.Haha, yes, the official name is "Kamigata Jacket." Noragi is a more generic term for a rugged workman's kimono. Since we have additional functionality on this (pockets, button), we gave it a distinctive name. But either is cool.
Doyle Restock Ok, the Doyle stock landed in NYC and the online inventory has been updated. We've got both colors, all sizes now: EPLA Doyle Jacket Washed Navy Duck Canvas: $175 EPLA Doyle Jacket Washed Olive Duck Canvas: $175
Haha, well, it's certainly on order, but you guys know how it goes with Alden. New makeups are always a surprise!We'll have it online and in the NYC shops next week.You could have told me that she's wearing the camo trenchcoat from Junya Watanabe's kids' line and I would have totally believed itPerfect styling on it - thanks for picking it up!Drop an email to matt[at]epauletnewyork.com - he's the Factory Finds guru and can answer you directly on it.
Our cotton pants are always unlined. We line wool trousers the knee.The Khyber cloth is pretty dressy. And yes, pretty much any lightweight trouser will show some of its construction - that's the nature of the beast. This fabric isn't sheer at all, but you'll be able to see shadows of the pocket bags in the rear, and you don't want to wear it with black underwear. It's very normal, as most white trousers are, by definition, fairly lightweight. This will be less of an issue...
I don't have everything for the year, but at the moment we have this planned:Doyle special order Cone Mills Chambray: this weekDoyle in Kaihara 14oz Overdyed Black and Navy denim: this weekDoyle in French Blue Duck Canvas: next monthFigure that olive and navy duck will get periodic restocks. And I'm keeping my eyes out always for limited-run fabrics (like the chambray) that we can do interesting makeups with.
That's possible to do as well - many people call that a "cut job." I'm not a fan of it though, although on a really casual SC it might be okay. I'd definitely encourage shortening at the shoulder by a skilled tailor for the best result.
The waist is easy as the jacket is unlined and (most likely) a cotton blend. It's a simple procedure, you just need a tailor who can correctly estimate how much to take it in. I've done things like this plenty of times.The sleeves are going to more difficult. You can either shorten about a half inch and leave the buttonholes as they are. Or you'll have to get it shorted at the shoulder, which will requires a good tailor. It's certainly possible to do, and we've had several...
Provided that you stick with cold wash and tumble dry (no frying it in the dryer), then the sweatshirts shouldn't have any permanent change at all.Everything that we make in LA is washed and/or garment dyed. We work everything out on a CAD system and enlarge the patterns so that we get a correct post-wash measurement.The denim is not intended to be dried, but I think that most people are used to hang-drying jeans, denim jackets, and denim shirts. Anything that isn't denim...
^ I'd agree with Don that it should work. I wear a 41 in Southwick and can fit a 40 Doyle, although it's a tight fit. The 42 would fit fine with a little tailoring in the body. Compared to our sportcoats, it's got a good amount of parity. I think that many guys who are sizing up are sizing up from their typical jacket size, and that the typical jacket runs larger than our SW design.That said, I'm checking with the factory to see if we can offer odd sizes. When in doubt, go...