or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@tkliebert it's similar but not the same. The Farmers check is a really strong pattern, bigger scale, and it's very light. I wouldn't wear it in the Fall. REDA or Firenze is going to give you a similar vibe, but you'll be able to wear it much more in Michigan. I'd pair it with navy, grey, or pale olive pants - and of course jeans. You could do it in the Fall with flannels (the Vittorio would look a little wacko with a heavy pant). And you can't beat the price! And agreed...
Okay, sorry to keep dragging out the fabric posting...   I loaded up some new suiting swatches. There's offically only four fabrics left to post:    1) Navy Variegated Pinstripe suiting: navy with two different weights of stripes 2) Solid Navy Cotton Poplin 3) Basketweave Mid-Weight Grey Wool: This is a heavier cloth, in between suiting and flannel. Not really Spring/Summer, but pretty remarkable.    I have to apologize that my video for this fabric below has no...
This is also a nice one - 2 units available...    
Loading in some new fabrics. There's a bunch of pinstripe suitings, a few cottons... but I thought this might strike a chord. It's in the Seasonal item.    It's a nice way to have a tweed-ish jacket for warm weather. Check out the video - the detail on their weaving is insane!     
 @dalevy Nah, keep the smoke MOP if you're feeling them. I love those buttons. I put them on every single thing that I order from SW. 
 @Todd V there's a few more, working on listing them now. Nothing too Earth-shattering, although we have a nice linen blend seed stitch that you guys might dig.   @JR Magat you'll love it. It's a four-season weight, but a bit on the lighter side. Do it in the unstructured Vittorio fit and it's going to be boss as hell. One of the nicest Italian checks that I've seen, and the yarn is phenomenal  @RuleOfRescue I think that you'll get a lot of wear out of this. It's tough to...
 @cyclohexane yup, I'll have those online tomorrow. The blue is very light and the red is a Nantucket red. Probably best for Sportcoats.   @MaxK oh man that fabric is beautiful - you're gonna love it!   @tricky great choice on the navy seersucker, I think that it's going to jive really well with your other pieces.  For reference, here's a pic of an old Ovadia & Sons suit, made by Southwick in the same fabric:    @kickstand excellent! The REDA Milano is so fantastic, you're...
 @cyclohexane I just want to quote this with the photo so that we can celebrate how freaking rad white pearl buttons on blue linen is. That is phenomenal! And I think that the answer is: Southwick CAN do a partial lined DB, but they cannot do it for the EFF promo fabrics. 
 @tricky go for a 39 in the Unconstructed shoulder, I think that's going to be right on for you The measurements are going to jive, but you've got two things in your favor:  1) Your shoulders can fill it out more, effectively giving you more room 2) The soft lining in the lapel will drape over your chest better We saw this with the Vittorio jacket. Due to its softer construction, it worked better for a range of physiques. And it works especially well for guys with muscular...
 Both would probably do the job. The Navy Poplin will look more polished - when it's pressed, it can give off a navy suit look. The Seersucker will always look more casual and laid back, but that might be what you're looking for.  Personally, I love the tonal seersucker. It's very comfortable and wrinkling isn't an issue. It makes for great separates too. I'd rather travel in that.