or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

@Todd V "Fresco" and "Hopsack" are pretty interchangeable - they're both plain-weave wools with good airflow. I'll call lighter weight variants a Fresco, but the difference is pretty slight. Both of these would be excellent work suits - they could absolutely be worn in any formal setting.    @Nik Telford good call - would be rad to try one of the derby's in Stingray.   @pfurey I'm hoping to ship them around the end of the month - along with the new suits and some more...
 @zennypoo  All of these fabrics are SoCal friendly. The frescos are lighter than the other stuff, but the other stuff is well within the weight of a typical suiting fabric. Great choices all around! If I was choosing your buttons and wanted to play it safe:  Guabello medium grey (Tan Horn U6)Midnight navy wool fresco (Brown Horn U3)Charcoal wool fresco (Black Horn U1)Marine blue nailhead (Brown Horn U3)VBC grey sharkskin nail head (Smoke MOP 34)  @OdusBK thanks man, I...
 @eljlakers very cool, glad that you dig it!  @MSchapiro email to contact[at]epauletnewyork.com and put Attn Adele in the subject line - she's doing all of the Southwick wrangling this week
 @Don L thank you sir! 
 @notwithit yeah, the Blake would be a good spot for it. We'd have to run a color like that as a GMTO honestly - I've tried doing Milkshake suede with Alden in the past, and it was hard as hell for me to pull off. The color is just too hard for most of our customers. But if we got 12 guys together who wanted it, then we could get that though. And the blake boot has a really accessible price point. 
 @FrankCowperwood thank you!  Great minds think alike on this - I've already got a lace-up boot in development with an inset shaft. That way it's easy to create a two-tone style with suede/canvas/whatever on the top and something else on the bottom. Really fun for GMTO's especially. My initial sample was okay but it needs another round of pattern work. I think that they'll nail it the second time around and I can show you guys.  I can also tell you guys that I'm working on...
 @Gambletrade thank you sir - great choices!   Ah.. not quite.. it's going to be more like this... 
 @bkotsko great points! It's definitely Plaza-ish. I worked off of one of their lasts and built this one out. Like the lovechild of a threeway between Alden Plaza, Carmina Rain, and SLP I actually love the Saffiano too! Gives a fresh look to the PTB. I think that it could be dope in a lace-up boot too - which is something that I'm working on. The colors will only be Cognac, Mocha, and Brown - just like the bags. The minimums for a custom Saffiano color are enormous, so...
 @El Argentino ah yeah, it probably is snuff. The color is all over the freaking place - even back from when we sold Carmina's. It's notoriously inconsistent in tone.   @katabatic agreed, that's how most guys styled it. I like it best with open patches. 
 @notwithit there's gonna be two. GYW on top (about $425), Blake on Bottom (about $275). The Blake ones will probably not be done in suede. I've got a tuff-guy horsehide to run them in which makes more sense. That way we can hit both sides of the market without too much crossover. And it can make sense for the same guys to own both. GYW boots are tapered, leather sole, more formal and designed. Blake boots are rounded toe, rubber/leather sole, more casual and easy.  And...