or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Just got off the phone with Alden... the Rule is no brass eyes with Color #8.  I don't really understand why brass eyes are okay on black but not on color 8. But the sole edge is due to the coloring that's added in the finishing stage. If a little bit of color 8 gets onto the antique edge, they can work with it, but a little bit of black getting onto the antique makes it a factory 2nd. They had too many 2nds recently, so no more black shell & antique from Feb 2015...
The Saga of the Ryden Boot   Hey guys,    I've been tracking all of the posts. As you've seen, the Ryden boot materialized after 2.5 years. It does look really boss....       You are all correct in noting that we spec'd and ordered it with an antique welt and it arrived with a black welt. I understand that this is really frustrating - it is for us as well. Here's the deal:    1) When we ordered the boots in 2014, this combo was totally fine. They accepted it...
It's live!! These sweaters came out absolutely amazing. I'll have photos of all the colors later today.    And if you missed out on the preorder, we'll also have some stock units in two distinct colors available for $250. The preorder units were $220.    It's just me and Adele shipping all of these, so will probably take us a few days to get all of them out. As with our other balance things, they'll be done first-come, first-served     BALANCE PAYMENT : WILLIAM...
 @FLW @Todd V Yup, Southwick is scheduled for next week.. most likely Wednesday-Thursday. It's not specifically an EFF.. it's more a blanket discount for our customers from then until 12/22. At this point, Southwick cannot deliver anything before the holidays. So they end up jammed until their factory closing date on 12/23, and have very little custom work after returning in January.  They're going to extend this discount to us in the hope that we sell a bunch of suits and...
Thanks for asking this @tonio028 You guys have surely noticed that the launch promo is here to stay for most items. The rationale is mostly to get new people onto the mailing list. Our newsletters are still the most effective tools, and giving out codes and such to only the subscriber base is a good incentive for more people to sign up. We'll continue this going forward.  But yes... all of these 10% and 15% off items are fully returnable under our usual policy. Anything...
Hey guys!   After long last, our Goodyear Welt Collection is online! Been working on this guy all day... hence the latest Newsletter in our history.    I'll give you guys the whole song & dance tomorrow, along with some videos, but if you want to jump on a pair, here's a few notes below   And you can see the five styles here...   1) Go up a half size on the Chelsea boot. We fit tested it on a bunch of guys. Overall profile is similar to the Carmina Simpson last if...
Color #8 / Alpine Grain Saddle Shoe Plaza Last Hey guys,    We just received this style as a special order makeup. I've got three open stock units available online - 9.5, 10, and 10.5... all in "D." It came out really rad on the Plaza last!      SADDLE SHOE IN COLOR 8 SHELL CORDOVAN & ALPINE GRAIN LEATHER PLAZA LAST:  $685.00  
Hey guys,    Thanks for all of the feedback!    Stretch fabric is definitely going to be a something that we pursue this year. We started with the "Performance Twill" Rivet Chinos this past season, and you'll see similar fabrics emerge for the Walt & other Hertling designs.. including Made To Order.    Now let me ask you.. what if instead of making a jean, we did a stretch twill 5-pocket chino? We can do that at the Rivet factory really easily. Perhaps even get the...
 @JilSlander Thanks, that's really good to hear! I don't think that Selvedge would be possible in this. It's different than the typical stretch denim as this stuff is knit - like a sweatpant. It's what attracted me.. I've never felt anything like it honestly. To make a selvedge run, you'd somehow have to knit it on a narrow loom and use a ton of fabric, which would definitely throw the price point up.   Oh, another thing is that the typical return rate on jeans is...
Jeans Concept Question   Hey guys,    Really glad to see all of the discussion here about jeans. I've had a personal jeans experience lately, and I wanted to run something by you before I pursue it further.    So, most of you know that we made our own in-house denim a few years ago. Great quality make, really nice fit, priced around $150. And it was a difficult business overall... largely due to branding IMO. Our product was good.. even great.. for the price. But it...