or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Haha, sorry to be so mysterious with that! For the record, the meeting was with Southwick - who is owned by BB. Their offices are in the same building. We've got a bunch of new products and a brand new soft-construction jacket shape in the work for next Season.We've unfortunately had to discontinue size 28 altogether as a stock item. I'm open to making any sizes that customers want to buy, but it's just not something that sells for us. I'll probably do single units of 29's...
^^ This +1The Heirloom Cardigan and the Hardie Cardigan should absolutely be folded only. Especially the Heirloom, as a hand-knit like that will stretch out quickly on a hanger.I also fold sweaters exclusively. The only knits that I'll hang are sweatshirts.
Exactly right - the first Natural CXL belt that we ran in 2010 was a two-piece belt (outer leather cemented to a veg tan liner) and made in an entirely different factory.Our CXL belts now are phenomenal. Each one is made of a solid cut of leather with a consistent width. Entirely different factory in an entirely different part of the country. We've gotten excellent feedback on them.Just received it yesterday! I updated the stock...
Thanks man. It was a bummer, but this is how things are in our business. If it was easy then everyone would be doing it I ordered a few samples that I should be able to show to you guys within the next 8 weeks or so. I worked with two new factories - one place doing blake stitching, one place doing goodyear welts. My plan is to keep it real with our new developments by working largely with Spanish, Portuguese, and English leathers - trying to reflect the best craftsmanship...
Unfortunately not happening any time soon. We spent quite a bit of time and money on development, but it then turned out that the factory did not have the extra capacity to make them. Something may have changed about their financial situation - I don't really know.I'll say that developing really good private label shoes is the hardest thing to do in our industry. I'm always following a bunch of leads at any given time, and it's planned that most of them won't work out.
Hey guys! I got back to the States last night and I'm back in the game. I had a great trip to Portugal and it was fantastic to visit the factory. We've got a lot of great things in work, and I was able to vet some new goodyear welt factories while out there. By this time next year you'll see a really comprehensive collection of in-house Epaulet footwear, and as always, we'll work to bring the absolute best bang for buck on everything. A few notes from my side: 1) Huge...
Quick N' Dirty Factory Finds A combination of 3 hours of sleep in 24 hours and this ridiculous Portuguese meal of meat, cheese and eggs on a bay of French Fries got me thinking that it would be funny to call this Factory Finds round the "Quick N' Dirty" one. I may be rethinking that in the morning. Anyway.... this is the long promised Walt/Driggs/Rudy offering. I've got four colors of Abraham Moon heavyweight solid Shetland Tweed, all going out at $175. Order now, and we...
Yes, you'd need to size down one on this. We haven't fully fleshed out that item (damn Portugal hotel wi-fi), but Dylan's wearing a Small. You'd most likely need the equivalent of an XS in that.We've got another style in the wings too - a 3/4 length convertible coat. It's pretty rad.
Haha, I hear you. Go slowly at first :-)
You can do that really easily on your own. Wear the sweater and have someone pull slowly and evenly on the sleeves and body. It will stretch out and be fairly permanent.