or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Very cool! I've got the Obenauf's ready to go as well. I originally intended to use it right after the mink oil dried but the post-oil look was so good that I held off.  It will be really interesting to see how the shoes darken according to where you live. They'll be delivered in October, so the wear-in season for the contest will be the Fall-Winter.  On one hand, sun exposure definitely darkens this leather a lot. I'm not sure if it stops after some point, but it's clear...
Cross-post from the Epaulet thread. We've got two more days for preorders!  
Unfinished Horsehide Sport Trainers at about 16 weeks. This is following an application of real mink oil. I've got some before and after pics to show later tonight on the other models.     
 Whoa that's an awesome lineup! Thanks as always!   I think that you're going to be fine. All of our Willie denim was sanforized, so every one of our jeans will stretch with wear.  That's generally a given with most jeans. You sometimes won't see that with really cheap and tough denim (pair of Rustlers from Walmart) or on much higher-end, unsanforized denim.  For Wilshire fit, you'll want the waist and possibly the seat to be tighter than you'd ideally like, but still...
TAKE AN EXTRA 25% OFF ALL SALE ITEMS   Hey guys,    This is going out in the newsletter in about 30 minutes, but you heard it here first. We're offering an additional 25% off all of our Sale items. Just use this code at the final page of checkout:    July-Fourth-25-Off   Here's a link to the sale section...   And that extra discount would yield you a bonkers price on this navy Croots briefcase...
   Haha, the last suede shoes that I had were a pair of Carmina snuff double monks. Couple years back. I'm kind of a sucker for leather - especially CXL, couro cromo, museum calf, shell. Everytime I think about a suede shoe, I end up getting a pair in something like that. I have a suede pair of Tennis Trainers from last Summer. But you're right, the Saddles are boss! Could be my jam.  Hmm, I'm honestly not really sure. I haven't heard of that happening before, but I'll be...
 Wait! That would mean I'd have to buy a pair of suede shoes too
 Most guys would wear the same size in Chucks as our trainers, but it depends on how you're wearing the Chucks. If you're always wearing them barefoot and very fitted, then you'll probably want to size up a half if you intend to wear the trainers with thicker socks.  For @malwear - go with the Sport Trainer in 11. I'd stick more with your Forest Last size for that. You're going to get them in October and probably want to wear them with thicker socks in the cold months....
 Thank you for picking up the sneakers and for posting this here!  We've been selling a lot of sneakers these days, and I generally answer an email like this 2 or 3 times a day. The good news is: I'm nearly positive that this size will work for you. From my side: 1) Sneakers, handsewns (boat shoes, loafers), and mocs (think Rancourt, Quoddy styles) that are made with full grain leather will always stretch and break in. It absolutely has to happen, and it's a natural...