or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

No, it's the usual 3-roll-2, the top button's just obscured.And the Napoli & Weller should have the same length at all times, but individual jackets can vary by a touch (usually a quarter inch or so) due to setting the sleeve in by hand. It's nothing that anyone really notices.Applky is another Boss Tweed around these parts. Wearing Harris indoors really just comes down to your preference. Some guys don't like really heavyweight jeans, but Self Edge sells plenty of Iron...
Sure thing. You bought a 48L in the Weller fit in Harris Tweed. For your questions:1. Does it sound like I need to go down to a 47?Feel free to post or email us a fit shot of you wearing the jacket. We can help you fine-tune the fit from there. And if you see a fabric that you like and our stock is limited, then you can order it today and always change your size by July 28th. Seeing the jacket on you will be the best way for us to tell.2. What type of difference in the...
and I found some natural light pics of the Oatmeal Donegal Harris Tweed jacket made up:
Oh, BTW our very own Matt Smith was quoted for his thoughts on Filson bags in the Wall Street Journal... http://online.wsj.com/articles/beyond-the-ubiquitous-filson-bag-1405700557
I think that jacket fits you great. You should go with that exact size.In terms of the shoulder, I always caution people not to make tailoring decisions based off of individual photos. When you're wearing a jacket, you're rarely standing still and stiff. Once this piece is in motion, your shoulders are moving up and down. Many guys stand with one shoulder higher than the other - which could be the case - or it might just be the way that you're standing at that moment. The...
Hmm, I'd suggest the Navy Windowpane. That will match all sorts of looks that the Clay Farmers will be too bold for. I think that those two would sit nicely in your closet together.Yes, I'd agree - the Olive/Gold windowpane will have less contrast than the eddiemczee, but I think that it's going to read very similar overall. The windowpane is about the same scale and the ground color is pretty similar.
NOTE ON SIZING FACTORY FINDS & MAKING CHANGESHey guys,Although the Factory Finds jackets are final sale, once you've ordered yours, then we can absolutely change the size between now and the 28th. I'm not going to actually send the order to Southwick before then. So if there's a fabric that you like but you're still waiting to work your size out with us, then don't be afraid to order it. We can make any changes that you need before July 28th.Haha, thank you sir! Nice...
My Factory Finds Top 5 Thanks for all of the orders so far! And I've got a bunch of sizing questions in my inbox, so Matt and I will work on answering all of those tomorrow. In the meantime, here's my top 5 choices and why: Harris Tweed Midnight Check Harris Tweed sportcoats are so thick that they can be used as actual outerwear in the Fall/Winter season. Most guys look for jackets which are navy, grey, or black - and this is a mix of all three of those. It will make...
Swatch Size Thanks to the SF member who asked about the size of these swatches. Here's a comparison with a quarter... Each one measures 4" long by 3" high
Thanks for all of the feedback guys... here's the longest response of all time...All of the fabrics have between 3 and 9 units available. I'm sure that we'll have a good selection over the next week, although some individual fabrics will surely sell through.All of the sleeves will come with the buttons sewn on, but without stitched buttonholes. They can be easily let out by nearly an inch or taken up as much as you need. They're close to unfinished.No, size 42 is the...