or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Our cotton pants are always unlined. We line wool trousers the knee.The Khyber cloth is pretty dressy. And yes, pretty much any lightweight trouser will show some of its construction - that's the nature of the beast. This fabric isn't sheer at all, but you'll be able to see shadows of the pocket bags in the rear, and you don't want to wear it with black underwear. It's very normal, as most white trousers are, by definition, fairly lightweight. This will be less of an issue...
I don't have everything for the year, but at the moment we have this planned:Doyle special order Cone Mills Chambray: this weekDoyle in Kaihara 14oz Overdyed Black and Navy denim: this weekDoyle in French Blue Duck Canvas: next monthFigure that olive and navy duck will get periodic restocks. And I'm keeping my eyes out always for limited-run fabrics (like the chambray) that we can do interesting makeups with.
That's possible to do as well - many people call that a "cut job." I'm not a fan of it though, although on a really casual SC it might be okay. I'd definitely encourage shortening at the shoulder by a skilled tailor for the best result.
The waist is easy as the jacket is unlined and (most likely) a cotton blend. It's a simple procedure, you just need a tailor who can correctly estimate how much to take it in. I've done things like this plenty of times.The sleeves are going to more difficult. You can either shorten about a half inch and leave the buttonholes as they are. Or you'll have to get it shorted at the shoulder, which will requires a good tailor. It's certainly possible to do, and we've had several...
Provided that you stick with cold wash and tumble dry (no frying it in the dryer), then the sweatshirts shouldn't have any permanent change at all.Everything that we make in LA is washed and/or garment dyed. We work everything out on a CAD system and enlarge the patterns so that we get a correct post-wash measurement.The denim is not intended to be dried, but I think that most people are used to hang-drying jeans, denim jackets, and denim shirts. Anything that isn't denim...
^ I'd agree with Don that it should work. I wear a 41 in Southwick and can fit a 40 Doyle, although it's a tight fit. The 42 would fit fine with a little tailoring in the body. Compared to our sportcoats, it's got a good amount of parity. I think that many guys who are sizing up are sizing up from their typical jacket size, and that the typical jacket runs larger than our SW design.That said, I'm checking with the factory to see if we can offer odd sizes. When in doubt, go...
We should have it in the next day or two - sorry that this got so delayed. I have to get them this week so I can ship everything from Cali. The factory is definitely on it.Good, arranging for the first fit sample next week. I can't wait - these will be the first jeans that I own in like 5 years.These XL's are definitely going to be too small on you.That said, we've had a lot of success with these new EPLA products, so you can expect our wovens to go up to XXL and the...
Thanks for posting the photo SVB! The shirt looks perfect on you.We'll definitely have them online this week. The EPLA wovens will come in 5 varieties:Overdye BlueOverdye OliveOverdye GreySalt Wash Blue OxfordSalt Wash Grey OxfordThey were a huge hit at the party, so Dbear and I are totally in agreement - the smaller collar works well with this shape. It wasn't my original intention, but the guys who bought the shirt in person really dug it.We'll post up detailed...
I'd say yes on the chest and shoulders there, but we'll work out the length & sleeve with our patternmaker. Many times, you'll level out the length increase after size 43-44. We'll build out a chart before anything goes live for the preorder.Haha, no worries, we're going to restock all colors of G&L Military Twill Rivets. Should be a few weeks outOh yes! Looking to nail down some more details this week, and then I can share the full picture with you guys. But yes, we're...
Thanks Everyone! Hey guys, A huge thanks to everyone who came by the event yesterday! We had a fantastic store closing. I'd love to show you a bunch of photos, but it was reliably apeshit in here for the whole day, and I didn't have a chance to shoot very much. We had an awesome turnaround and it was great that so many people had the opportunity to pick up merchandise at the sale. Thanks to everyone who participated in SVB's proxy sales as well. He packed the hell out...