or Connect

Posts by Epaulet

Two quick photos to show. First off, if you ever wondered what the guts of a Southwick lapel looks like, then wonder no more: Next, here's a preview pic of the black leather MA-1 Jacket that we're running from Schott this season. Should be here around mid-September. The fit on this is absolutely perfect.
Yes sir to both!Going through the factory as we speak - along with the distressed Cone selvedgeGot you back!Haha, I like to wear the last button open for no reason at all - I just think it looks cool. With the right cuff and the right watch, it adds an extra bit of... I like working cuffs, and I generally suggest to to anyone ordering MTO jackets or suits who is pretty confident in their sleeve length. I just recognize the utility of keeping them non-functional on OTR pieces.
Oh no, the Rivet is here to stay - we're rolling out new fabrics for the Fall as we speakIt's just a trend thing over there. Young Italian bros want to have the buttons open for that bespoke look. That's more important than proper sleeve length to them.
Still in development, unfortunately. I'm also jean-less until the Fairfax comes out.Absolutely. They'll all come pre-washed to adjust for shrinkage too.We do this to a degree right now. If you purchase a Southwick jacket, then the button holes are not actually stitched. It's a form of "soft finishing." You can make the sleeves functional or easily have them shortened. But you can also wear it straight off the rack, which most of our customers do. I think that's the best...
Very cool! Yes, I'm a firm believer in non-working buttons for OTR pieces - we have that on every branded and co-branded jacket that we offer.Even the Vittorio. And believe me, Italian dudes WANT those buttons to work. That was a bit of a fight.For sweaters, we'll have both the Hardie Cardigan again (I believe in Navy and Tobacco), and our "Heirloom Cardigan" made by Northern Watters Knitters in Canada will return again. We'll also do a smattering of Scottish crewnecks and...
No it won't. It will have a basic sportcoat cuff hem with two buttons. That way it can be easily shortened if need be.
Hey guys,So, the EPLA sportcoat is designed to be an original product, which fills a niche that I think is under-served.We have a strong business with LBM1911, but the jackets aren't cheap. And next season the MSRP for most of them will start at $700. They have great construction and beautiful fabrics, but they do skew towards the casual side.The idea on the EPLA sportcoat is to create a US-made alternative. We can't equal the construction of the Italian pieces, but I...
I don't want to make any promises on this. I get the sample next week, and hopefully this is the last one.I've got a pretty big goal for this. I want to make the absolute best casual sportcoat that exists for the price. We're pretty experienced with tailored clothing here, so I've been making crazy demands of the factory and patternmaker. When this thing comes out, it's going to be perfect. We're going on the 8th month of development and about the 5th sample now, so I'm...
Oh yeah, the Vanson jackets. Should be here in about 5 weeks. I don' t have the final pricing, but should be around $800 - $850. They are going to be off the chain. We've got two models - a straight-ahead cafe racer and the tough-ass quilted, vertical zipper piece that I previewed. It's quilted on the inside and made in our own exclusive fit. Lifetime warranty on that guy too!
Not presently. I'm looking to do a sample in garment-dyed, mid-weight moleskin, and I think that will make up boss as an unlined piece.The EPLA sportcoat is planned for a 3/8 liner in the sleeves and top back.