or Connect

Posts by angusangus

Now that the sale chatter has quietened down, here's something different I wanted to share: I recently asked Luxire to replicate a pair of my Voronoi trousers (by everyone's favourite dead-bird Canadian outerwear company) because the cut is wonderful but I can't come at the fabric they switched to last season. Luxire didn't bat an eyelid. I'm amazed at how perfectly they've turned out; complete with stitched rather than taped seams etc. This first pair is in the most...
I 100% agree that I would prefer minimal (eg just the poly bag) packaging for my orders.
As a person living in Australia, it's a bit shocking to hear people complaining about paying a normal shipping fee or expect Luxire to absorb it. Just about everything I buy online costs between $15 and $50 to ship to me (Cappelli, I'm looking at you), and those that can absorb a shipping cost (eg free shipping on orders over $250) are generally retailers who treat it as part of their retail margin.Certainly, if cheaper, slower options are available I would expect Luxire...
Just grabbed three VBC/Dugdale pants and two shirts. Will be back for more later in the day. Fantastic sale, thanks Luxire! I'd like to add that it's great to have a company like Luxire that does a real sale (even if it's a bit of work to figure out what's on and when), and what's more it's a sale on top of their already great everyday pricing, rather than the boring predictable non-sales most companies offer.
Choose from one of the pant fabrics
I recently picked up a pair of trousers in Fresco 0517 -- and discovered that at scale it is less 'midnight blue' and more of a slatey/grey-blue -- nice but not what I want for my next commission. Can someone help me with whether any of the other Fresco navy or midnight colours (eg 0505, 0516, 0520, 0579) more saturated/rich?
Hi experts -- I'm swallowing my pride and seeking some help. I'd be truly delighted if any of the regulars would comment on these shirt and trouser patterns: First issues I've picked up: 1. My pleats are opening more than they should. 2. The pants tend to pull against my knees a bit more than normal when I walk. Does this mean the back rise should be made slightly higher than the front rise to compensate for front-back pelvis tilt? 3. The shirt is a fair bit off...
Off-topic: for your interest, the Vitsoe shelving system, which was the 'inspiration' for that Ikea system. Every day I look at mine and take a deep, fulfilling breath of clothes-storage-related contentment. And you still get to put it together yourself
What trouser lining options do people prefer? All mine have been lined to the knee but I find it annoying feeling the extra fabric and detail around the knee, and, as others have said, it traps heat in summer but doesn't insulate in winter. Any benefit to a quarter lining (other than for transparent linen), or should I just switch to unlined?
Suit programme sounds brilliant—I can imagine a few Fresco and Dugdale linen suits in my future. First vote for a fitting trip to Melbourne and/or Sydney!