or Connect

Posts by jmatt

I'm in Indianapolis. Place is called King's Image (Owner named King). I've heard mixed reviews, so I can't really say if my experience will be great or not until I post some pictures here in a month.
I was really impressed. I basically got to design my own suit. The model that felt the most comfortable happened to be a 3-button, but I'm having it made as a 2-button. I got to specify exactly where the top button was placed, and to define where the lapel rolled to. We did things like measure shoulders, yet the final say on shoulder width was based on how I wanted it to look in the mirror. i.e. start with a suit cut 21" across the shoulders and start pulling it in...
I just ordered my first MTM suit. I was impressed, but wondered if my experience would be the same no matter where. 1st: They had a number of "model" suits for me to try one. Differing armholes, cuts, etc. When we found the cut that felt the most comfortable, both in coat and pants, we started taking measurements. 2nd: Pants measures: front waist to floor, back waist to floor, thigh diameter, knee diameter, foot length, rise, waist, hips. I got to pick pleat...
See this auction: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWA%3AIT&rd=1 It says it's an Isaia suit, that's private labelled. Is that probable? What should that suit bring?
You're going to get a lot of advice. First, remember that compared to any shirt you've ever bought, I'll bet that's already the best fitting shirt you've ever owned. Sleeve length looks great. Shoulders - way too big. I'd drop an inch per side. Your shoulders are slightly more sloped than the shirt cut. Show Ricky these pictures. You can take size out of the chest and the waist - but to me that's a matter of preference and how loose you want the fit. Those may...
As my own follow-up, for suits one would wear less often than 1 day in 10, how often would you wear it? Double breasted for example - 1 day in 10? 1 day per month? 1 day per quarter? Never?
I posted about a DB suit, which got me thinking: If one had 10 suits to wear, in a profession wear a suit was worn 5 days a week, what style mix would one wear? As in the following: 2-button: 5 days out of 10 3-button: 4 days out of 10 Double Breasted: 1 day out of 10 Within said wardrobe, how many suits would be: plain in color: 3 of 10 pinstripe: 3 of 10 Houndstooth: 1 of 10 Nailhead: 1 of 10 Prince of Wales: 1 of 10 Window pane: 1 of...
Canali suit: Double breasted 3 x 1 (I think that's the term - only bottom row of three rows of buttons actually double buttons) 85% wool; 15% silk. What do Canali suits actually SELL for (as opposed to MSRP)?
Can a tailor reasonably adjust a suit for the fact that I have fairly sloped shoulders? I get fabric excess in the chest near the armpit. I never understood why until I started here and at AAAC. I've now been shown that if I lift my shoulders, the extra fabric is gone, and that the problem is my sloped shoulders. My question is 2 part: 1) Can a tailor alter an OTR/MTM suit to fix for sloped shoulders, or is it cost prohibitive? 2) Any OTR suit brands out there that...
Thanks for the support. The seller never relented, and forced me to go through paypal's resolution procedure. They found in my favor and I returned the tie. Delivery was confirmed last friday, yet my grievance is still "under review." Why would a seller act so? (rhetorical question - no response expected)