or Connect

Posts by jmatt

Incidentally Gustin: What were jeans #73, 79 and 80?
C'mon guys. Isn't it a little unfair to expect Gustin to be all things to all people in their first year in existence? As a counterpoint I wish they'd stick with nothing but jeans for now until they can streamline and quicken the process from fabric offering to product delivery.One thing people have railed against Kickstarters like Gustin originally was was the lack of individuality or creativeness in product offering. But look at what Gustin has done with Jeans in the...
Might wanna go for a 30 next time....
+1. I'm definitely thinking black, and was considering at least a cap toe. But that boot would be a great add to the closet. Great combo for jeans day at work.
Backed!! Thanks!And by my observations this came out at 1:00 eastern, I was in the first 30 orders at 1:10pm and 131 jeans sold out at 1:26pm. 26 minutes.Now - can you guys cut and sew these as quickly as we could order them?
I don't get this comment? I ordered my first pair in August. They said October delivery. Then I got an e-mail that said they were being sewn, then an e-mail with a tracking number, and then boom - they arrived as promised. They fit exactly like I expected based on their size chart and look spectacular. What's not to love? Now that I have my first pair in hand, I'm just waiting for that Grey Silk (I think?) with the light blue selvedge to come back.....
Quote: Originally Posted by grimslade I think "may" was a modal, not a date. Yes. lol. I didn't say "anyone who didn't jump in in May may want....." Historically, a lot of the shoes are snatched up in the first 6 hours - many in 24-48 hours. I was pleasantly surprised to find mine still available a week after the sale started.
Anyone who didn't jump in early may want to check anyway. Perhaps the exchange rate is slowing the sale, or perhaps I just wear an odd size. I nearly slept through this sale until two days ago when I realized it must be sale time. Found this thread, found the shoes in my size (10F on 888 or 82 last) and ordered the Beaulieu in Dark Oak on the 82 last. As always, the gents in London were a pleasure. I'm not a shoe horse like many here, but I've now picked up one...
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter what would you have done if the bags were lost on the way to the meetings? that is why I never check bags - I have been in meetings where somebody had to wear a cheap suit that they bought at the last minute because their bags were lost. trip there was nonstop. (and on a small regional jet with limited carry-on size rules). Trip home required plane change. Anyway - the point is yes. I would do...
Quote: Originally Posted by AlanC I think the solution is either leave the Brioni cashmere and EGs at home or put them in carry-on. I'd probably vote for taking something else, but if it was a special meeting I can understand the temptation. In the future I'll do that. The point was - I never even thought about the replacement cost in case my luggage were to get lost. Oh - and the meetings included the highest level, most significant...