or Connect

Posts by Biggskip

It's very impressive that you're able to do this.
On a scale of 1 to Ugh, how disappointing was the Lemaire drop on Uniqlo.com? I get the whole "we need to have constant drops", but that's more for small shops. When your one of the world's largest retailer and you've been hyping something for six months, you'd better deliver.
Slack so good to see you back again! How's the leg?
Schedule it during the week between X-mas and New Years. I'll be out there with my family.Got very lucky when I called Nepenthes today. They had a tweed Bedford in XXL. Though I must say, it was expensive as hell ($600). If I'm happy enough with it I think I'll sell my gray Homespun Bedford from F/W '13.
Huh, I did not know that. You learn something everyday.
The thread would be dominated by photos from iOffer and Shades of Grey by Micah Cohen.
PE is a very different animal than VC. People starting their own companies are typically looking for VC or Angel investors (and the subsequent investments are much smaller), not PE. Most PE firms, especially the type to layout $50MM in a single investment are looking for well established but distressed or underperforming companies.
It's probably important to point that that there's a big difference between "social mobility" and becoming a member of the 1%. The first means that your dad was a bricklayer and you went to college and now you're a middle manager at an office. The other means that you probably worked very very hard in medicine, law, or finance and had a little luck along the way.
In regards to EG being sold at Nordstroms, I don't think it's that big of a deal. I mean, they already sell online at in-store at Barneys. Also, it's not like EG is being carried at all of Nordstroms locations. The flagship store in downtown Seattle is a pretty different animal than pretty much all of their other stores. They carry several brands that are much higher-end and exclusive to that location (and probably a handful of others). Also, I would think that the...
Oh well, you live and learn.