or Connect

Posts by borderline

Quote: Originally Posted by MichaelE Notice the lines in the pattern? Maybe I should re-phrase that. Prominent pattern lines running up the sleeve should line up. Is that better? I think worrying about the pattern lines lining up is taking it a bit too far. Rolling up the sleeves (to change a tire, deliver a baby, land the plane after the pilot loses consciousness, whatever) requires ignoring this level of neatness (or meticulousness,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kent Wang The art of rolling up your sleeves. Actually, this isn't a bad question, and now that it is three years later with different people around (some at least) it is worth revisiting. Those of us who don't wear coats often to work and who want to wear shirts that are not polos find that rolling up the sleeves is often useful, particularly in the hotter parts of the country. For me, short sleeve OCBD's are not...
Quote: Originally Posted by JD_May If you look at the pics I mentioned, you may notice that there's an imbalance between your top and bottom half, the top looks a bit short. This is probably in part because of the relaxed fit of your shirt, and the aforementioned belt may have something to do with it as well. Camera angle may be exacerbating it somewhat. It's true, I'm not 6' 4". Only 5' 9". I could wear the top of my pants lower, but...
Quote: Originally Posted by gmku Those are some fine looking 501s, though. Proof that you don't have to do the extravagantly priced to achieve nice results. Yeah, I got them for $18 after the wife bought some (2nd pair was 50% off). I guessed on the size, usually I'm about 31-32 and got a 32-34. Seems close as I don't like huge stacking.
There's only one place a popped collar on a polo shirt is appropriate: on the golf course, on a hot day, to avoid neck sunburn.
Quote: Originally Posted by warlok1965 A small detail, but I'd think about a different belt. This one seems too thin for the casual look you are doing. Your first pic made me think of a recent post by Matt with a similar theme, which he pulled off rather well. http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...35#post1042535 Thanks everyone who responded. I noticed that the Matt pic referenced by Warlok (nice avatar btw, did you see this...
Hiya, looking for some comments on what I was wearing over a few days this week to work (University professor). Particularly curious about your thoughts on the break in the pants. The chinos in the 2nd and 3rd pictures felt really short, but in the photos they don't look that short...Also the shirt in the 2nd picture, the dark blue LLBean, is a small. I usually wear a medium, so the fit seemed better in the chest but the sleeves might be a hair short. Can you...
Anyone know if J.Crew returns take a long time? I'm trying to decide if a package was lost, or just delayed. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Deacon Alden #8 Shell bal Shortwing $3.99, inconspicuous among a group of brown shoes on a crowded shelf at a thrift. I recognized the folds and that "established 1884" inner heel imprint and am quite pleased. Great price, but did you get a pair or just one!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku ^^^ Looks dated, dump it. You're probably right. Slim pickings in this area.