or Connect

Posts by borderline

There's only one place a popped collar on a polo shirt is appropriate: on the golf course, on a hot day, to avoid neck sunburn.
Quote: Originally Posted by warlok1965 A small detail, but I'd think about a different belt. This one seems too thin for the casual look you are doing. Your first pic made me think of a recent post by Matt with a similar theme, which he pulled off rather well. http://styleforum.net/showthread.php...35#post1042535 Thanks everyone who responded. I noticed that the Matt pic referenced by Warlok (nice avatar btw, did you see this...
Hiya, looking for some comments on what I was wearing over a few days this week to work (University professor). Particularly curious about your thoughts on the break in the pants. The chinos in the 2nd and 3rd pictures felt really short, but in the photos they don't look that short...Also the shirt in the 2nd picture, the dark blue LLBean, is a small. I usually wear a medium, so the fit seemed better in the chest but the sleeves might be a hair short. Can you...
Anyone know if J.Crew returns take a long time? I'm trying to decide if a package was lost, or just delayed. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Deacon Alden #8 Shell bal Shortwing $3.99, inconspicuous among a group of brown shoes on a crowded shelf at a thrift. I recognized the folds and that "established 1884" inner heel imprint and am quite pleased. Great price, but did you get a pair or just one!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku ^^^ Looks dated, dump it. You're probably right. Slim pickings in this area.
Found this blazer for $4 this week. The fabric doesn't look super fancy, but it might be wearable. Fit in the chest seems OK, probably need to shorten the sleeves. Tag says "Made in Yugoslavia". 2nd pic lighted to show pattern. What do you think? Keep or dump?
I think your user name should be "Grumpy"
Given the source for this material, and the decline in elephant populations, I think you should be looking for other options. There is a reason there is a global ban on ivory trade. Something to think about.
Go for the one on the left.