or Connect

Posts by borderline

Anyone know if J.Crew returns take a long time? I'm trying to decide if a package was lost, or just delayed. Thanks.
Quote: Originally Posted by The Deacon Alden #8 Shell bal Shortwing $3.99, inconspicuous among a group of brown shoes on a crowded shelf at a thrift. I recognized the folds and that "established 1884" inner heel imprint and am quite pleased. Great price, but did you get a pair or just one!
Quote: Originally Posted by Nataku ^^^ Looks dated, dump it. You're probably right. Slim pickings in this area.
Found this blazer for $4 this week. The fabric doesn't look super fancy, but it might be wearable. Fit in the chest seems OK, probably need to shorten the sleeves. Tag says "Made in Yugoslavia". 2nd pic lighted to show pattern. What do you think? Keep or dump?
I think your user name should be "Grumpy"
Given the source for this material, and the decline in elephant populations, I think you should be looking for other options. There is a reason there is a global ban on ivory trade. Something to think about.
Go for the one on the left.
http://www.bananarepublic.com/browse...y.do?cid=15862 Actually kind of useful technique for showing the 360 view. Not that BR is the arbiter of style these days, but do these not all seem really long in the length? Or could this be considered OK because they are more casual pants?
Do you guys put shoe trees in your Clark's desert boots between wearings? Or is it not necessary given the construction, leather type, etc. I have dark brown suede.
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan My last semester of high school I worked at Banana Republic. It was the worst work experience of my life. Every since, I have warned everyone I know against working in clothing retail. Clean-up at the end of the day is a bitch and the money you are compelled to spend on their clothes absolutely demolishes the miserably small paychecks you get. So we should be nicer to everyone working at these places. At...