or Connect

Posts by borderline

It's still warm here in the southwest but I'm looking forward to imminent cooler temperatures and the transition from the summer suede into the fall cordovan. I've been wearing mostly the suede chukka, the suede Dover, and calf v-tips. The #8, Cigar, and Ravello have been gathering dust on the shelves since May.
Four ties for sale, from left to right. All are new unworn or in excellent condition. 1) Roundtree and Yorke: $5 or free with other purchased. (worn once) 2) J. Crew: $15 New with tag (new price $29.50) 3) Lands End: $10 Worn once 4) J. Crew: $10 Worn once.
This is a 38R very high quality blue sport coat with horn buttons. It was worn twice. It's a bit small for me (I later found a 39R) so I'm selling it now. New price was around $800, it was purchased I think in 2010 or 2011. Lightweight wool fabric with an amazing feel, made in Italy. Double vented. FINAL PRICE DROP before Ebay: Now $225 shipped in US. 3 roll 2 Measurements: Chest: 19.75" Waist: 18" Shoulder 18" Length 29" (from base of collar,) Length 30.5" (from top of...
Ok, which feet belong to the multimillionaire? This is from Seinfeld's online show on Crackle.com. On the left, David Letterman. On the right Jerry Seinfeld. So the answer is "Both". Any chance the boots are from Alden? If not, any ideas on the manufacturer?
It's been awhile since I posted this. I added some things since the last time. If you have any additions or recommendations, send the info in a PM for a future version. ALDEN FAQ Compiled by borderline using the combined wisdom of "The Official Alden Thread" on Styleforum and other web sources. Before Buying What are the different lasts and how do they fit relative to one another? http://www.styleforum.net/t/85589/the-official-alden-thread/13590#post_4526910 *See...
Favorite quote: What is your approach when getting dressed? I strive to look appropriate for business, but without looking like I actually have to go to work. As though I may be on my way to or from the next aperitif. Possibly by boat.
Did Don's sport coat look really tight in the back, when he was sitting at the bar in Hawaii? I don't have a photo.
Also want to come to the defense of Leffot: he shipped me a shoe with a subtle yet critical defect. He not only gave me a refund but remembered the issue and emailed me back 6-8 months later to give me first crack at a replacement pair.
The "Stores" link does not allow you to search by Zip Code, and there all 50 states listed on the pull down menu but several states have no authorized retailers.
I have an AR-1 turntable hooked up to some VTL tube amps and preamp with old Thiel speakers, and I'm looking for a new cartridge. I have a cheap Grado that's been on there for awhile, and would like some recommendations for model and source. I want something reasonably priced (~$100?) and which sounds decent.