or Connect

Posts by Tck13

It's the attack of the strawmen!
Quote: Originally Posted by Xiaogou Dude, you just don't get it. It is the fact that he lied to EVERYONE. He has no honor, no code. Oh great, here comes the lunatic fringe.
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan In spite of your inability to present evidence of it, I don't think it's the worst thing. So maybe Weiner is the third-worst Congressman. Maybe he's the tenth worst. Should he get to still be in office? How about having some expectations, any expectations for the politicians you pay? Your whole "I'm cynical, so that excuses everyone's behavior" logic is a little hard to follow. Should we not have any...
Quote: Originally Posted by NameBack One of the worst pieces of schlock I've read in recent memory. Quote: Originally Posted by sonlegoman +1. I read the article and it is dumb. It reads like a high school essay. No, there aren't any interesting points that are worth anything. And that's coming from someone who spent high school listening to the Rolling Stones. I just thought the attempt at teaching economics via Keith...
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan In what crazy-ass universe do you think the link you posted refutes my assertion? Honestly? According to that unbiased and objective article you posted, of the 535 members of Congress, the "worst ten" are Lieberman - didn't toe the party line Saxby CHambliss - questioned Max Cleland as soft on defense and lacking in patriotism. Michelle Bachmann -because she's a strong "family values" proponent John...
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai He sends unsolicited photos of his penis to a young woman who "liked" him on social networking sites while his wife is pregnant, criticizes those who report on it and gets ex girlfriends to defend him on national television before admitting it's true and that he misled all of them and in fact had engaged in this sort of behavior several times before, but he is vindicated because Esquire magazine thinks that Joe...
Title is self explanatory. Some interesting points FWIW. Link to Forbes article Quote: Though Rolling Stones' guitarist Keith Richards' autobiography is a great read on its own for the remarkable story it tells, there are economic lessons within that apply to all manner of concepts made frequently prosaic by books and newspaper articles. From the wealth gap, to what drives success, to taxation, Richards' amazing story explains them all in exciting,...
Quote: Originally Posted by MrG I'm assuming the "different vision" is one where they help run a campaign that wasn't doomed from the outset. I'm still LOLing!
Quote: Originally Posted by mordecai This is pathetic. Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan OJFC. You honestly think that most of Congress is sending pictures of their dick to random college girls? Did you both misplace your cynicism? No, I think for example that what these assholes did / do (and the ones that haven't been caught yet - as the thread indicates) is much worse that what Weiner did.
Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan You guys really have no problem being represented by a forty-something guy who sends unsolicited dicktures to college girls? I'll bet what most of these guys are doing on a daily basis is probably much worse than what happened in Weinergate. The others just haven't been caught. Yet.