or Connect

Posts by Tck13

Turn this up very loud!
^ No idea what any of that means or how pH relates to cleaning hair. Hair is cleaned by the surfactants in the shampoo, not the pH. I would say that hair texture (after washing) just depends on what shampoo and products you use because they're formulated differently. Not because of pH. I can use two different shampoos with similar pH and have my hair feel differently after using both. (I'm not saying that you shouldn't use what you're using, just pointing out that the...
This is what I was talking about regarding the "acid mantle" and some random stuff from the beauty brains..wisegeek
While I'm saying that pH doesn't really do anything for the cuticle, pH DOES effect the "acid mantle" on your scalp and makes it so that natural oils take a longer time to build up leaving your scalp drier. Also, body washes typically have stronger detergents (though not always) since dirt and oil can be worse on our bodies (rather than the scalp).I'll quote a couple of blurbs from a great blog / podcast done by 2 Beauty Industry Chemists who've formulated and tested...
I'm not aware that Dr. Bronnor's has a shampoo... Are you just using their soap? I would imagine it is like, "night and day". The reason that shampoos have a pH of around 5-8 is that you don't want to eliminate all oils (the acid mantle) from the skin / scalp as that's what protects your skin and holds moisture. By using a regular soap your removing all of the oils from your skin.
I'm not sure why you think sulfates will make your hair "more dry". I was wondering where you came up with that. If you're worried about dry hair then, while you can try different shampoos (since they have different combinations of sulfates), you could both find a better shampoo for your hair and use a conditioner (especially good if you have curly hair). You could also shampoo every other day.The problem with sulfates is that there is really no way for a consumer to...
Is there any reason that you think that Sulfates are bad?Why are you suggesting this when the water one is washing hair with has a pH of 7?
Um. Try shampooing more.
What do people think about these:
Holla Bitchezzzz! http://www.pinterest.com/7foldstyle/mens-fashion/