or Connect

Posts by Connemara

Thanks for the advice. The plumbing and electrical are two things I'm pretty concerned about due to the age of the home (built 1940). Could be hard to know what has been upgraded until an inspection is done.I'm a little anxious in general because it's a foreclosure.
The attic was actually insulated recently! My dream would be spray foam throughout but then you have to tear out the sheetrock and it becomes a major job.
Thx Red. See above.Somewhat rare in terms of the location. It's a neighborhood very close to the city but has the lower taxes and crime rate of the burbs. I would not consider a house further in the suburbs because I want to be close to work. The commute is only 12 minutes or so unless I take the bus.That's why I am very tempted. I am also sick of apartment living (people above, below, and to the sides of me) and would like some space, particularly yard space to grow a...
So, I may be joining the ranks of homeownership. I'll start off by saying that buying a house was a more long-term prospect for me prior to a unique opportunity arising. I'm fairly happy with my current urban neighborhood which allows me to walk to work in about 7 minutes, along with other amenities that can be reached on foot. I have a reasonable ($750) monthly rent payment for a mediocre and small 1BR apartment. To cut to the chase: my father found a foreclosure in a...
Was this the 50 year old guy who watched you sleep?
Some women on NPR were lauding the broad who ran a marathon on her period, sans tampon, as a hero. They found it "empowering" and got very upset when the one male guest basically said, "What's the big deal? It's gross."
Take it from a man who lives this life - pB is right.
+1. The hallmark of a small timer.
Week off, spending it in the Adirondacks. And look, I get it...I have a nice pair of stems.
If you want to fap go to 2:22.