or Connect

Posts by Connemara

There are few things I enjoy more than a D.P. Moynihan floor speech. http://www.c-span.org/video/?47994-1/senate-session&start=4975
Most folks probably haven't heard about FSU's win as they are waiting for word to reach the local gen'ral store.
I recently got a "budget" Lenovo model and remain amazed at the hardware you can get for under $500 these days. Quad core processor, 6 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD. When I built my first PC the ultimate gaming rigs had only 1 GB of RAM.
WOOOOOO! 'Bama is going down.
This is just madness. Our defense has completely shut Wisconsin down and our third string QB is playing better than all y'all's starters.
Yeah that is a true classic.Hell yeah!
Very anxious to see what Urban Meyer does with the offense tonight. Cardale Jones has a better arm than JT Barrett and the weapons (Heuerman, Devin Smith) are there for him to do some damage down field. But if the O-line stands strong Jones will have ample running room...he is a 250lb. guy who can really move.
Your analysis is correct and I think it's an understandable situation for someone like you who wants to drive a newer vehicle without incurring the long-term costs of ownership. However......otc hits on what I was getting at. I drive a POS 2007 Chevy which I paid for with cash in 2010. Nearly five years later, I've only started to put money into the car. That's five years without a monthly car payment and I really enjoy not having that recurring expense. Part of it is...
I don't think there's anything wrong with being against borrowing money on principle. I will say that I don't know anybody who feels so strongly about this that they are unwilling to get a mortgage (except for hendrix!). But refusing to fall into the usual consumer traps (car payments, credit card payments, etc.) seems wise to me.