or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Bummer, but thanks. My foot measure 10D. I can comfortably size down to 9.5 on some shoes, like the C&J 325 last, but it doesn't sound like that's the case here. Still, nice boots!
Anyone know what last the Peal boots are on? Do they fit true to size, or is it best to size down?
Alden Cigar Chukkas for trade - used I have a beautiful pair of 9.5 B/D cigar chukkas on the Barrie last that are 1/2 size too big for me. I've worn them regularly for 6 months (rotated them with other shoes, always kept them with trees) and I'd like to trade for another used Alden shell boot that fits me better. My proper size would be 9D (possibly E, but D preferred) on either the Barrie or Trubalance last. I prefer to trade cigar for cigar but will consider color 8,...
Nice looking shoes at a great price.
...these pics capture the scuffing (or streaking) a little better. They aren't permanent marks. If I rub them a while with my finger (or brush them) they'll disappear.
The photos don't pick up the color very well. They're basically a combination of dark gray and brown. I believe Williams has a color in suede called 'silt', which is what these look like to me. These aren't suede, but they do have a fine nap that shows more gray or more brown depending on how it's rubbed. This leads to a kind of streaking, textured look. So far I've found it to be a much better casual boot than my yearling Williams, which I think look too dressy /...
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty I didn't have mine for long but they seemed almost impervious to age. The colour was a little dead and it was tough to work a deeper patina into them. If I were to buy the boots again I would beat the shit out of them before they touched my feet. Maybe bury them in the yard for a week or so. lefty Lefty, thanks for that. I got this comfort craftsman in 'distressed leather' instead. I'm not sure yet...
Whoever says peacoats aren't warm has never worn a decent peacoat. They're crazy warm!
^What he said. Price drop of at least 5% is in the rules for self-bumping.
Yeah, these are great! I take size 10 though. Has anyone had experience re-soling a suede shoe? These look like they would last a while.