or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Quote: Originally Posted by mg428 Nevertheless, it seems that, even if we assume the PTB, wingtip and these chukkas are made on the same last, I think one needs to at least half size down in these chukkas regardless due to perhaps the nature of the chukka style. Based on my own experience, this seems right. I own the RL ptb's on the 325 last in size 10D and while they shade on the roomy side they work out well without heel slippage. That's why...
I actually don't recall the price, but it was good. They were keeping them at or near the old 405 price for now, but they will soon increase.
Used Cigar shell cordovan chukka boots made for Ralph Lauren. Size 10D on the C&J 325 last. I believe this to be US sizing but please see measurements below. Some people size down a bit on this last and that's what I should have done. This should fit someone with a 10.5D foot. My own foot measures exactly 10D on the scales and these chukkas are about 1/2 large on me. For comparison, here are some shoes that I wear: Allen Edmonds 'Byron' 10D ...
^That would be my guess, too. The G is in no way wider than the H.
Quote: Originally Posted by erbs Does anyone have the leather-lined 405s in stock yet? I know Shoemart has the chromexcel version, but I'm looking for the regular calf leather. The Alden Shop in San Francisco just received them. Tried some on Friday.
Those look nice. Ravello?
Thanks, that's very informative.
Quote: Originally Posted by skeen7908 The turnout last is a lot narrower than the craftsman This hasn't been my experience at all. And G is wider that H? For real?
Holy cow, I just went to the SF Alden shop wearing my 9D shell indys (which seem just a little snug to me) and the SA now has my size pegged at 9EE for both trubalance and barrie. My head is spinning. It was toward the end of the day but I don't think my feet swell that much. FYI, the SF shop is now stocking the regular indys with full leather lining. Chromexcel's still haven't arrived. They're telling people March / April but he said they don't know for certain
Does the dress fit? If not, I might be interested.