or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Yeah, I frequent the Alden thread, but there's only two pairs of Roys posted, and one doesn't have good pics. Those burnished green shoes are interesting.
I had the same experience with a beautiful zegna suit last week, except it fit me well. I'm quietly pumped about it, congratulating myself. Then as I leave the dressing room I notice what looks like a large, smeared cum stain on right sleeve cuff. Return suit to hanger. Scrub hands in bathroom. Go back for more. (actually, I pondered a few seconds whether the stain could be worked out)
Newcastle, you can always make a short relevant comment on any thread to satisfy your post minimum, and then go ahead and pm. Just a thought (if you want to keep your negotiations private).
Wow, 67 pages of streetwear shoes and boots and not a single Roy Boot? I'm surprised. I have a pair on order and will post some pics when they come.
Cheers, all (I thought something was amiss) They're spectacular boots.
I must be looking at the wrong listing, but it does say Chromexcel. The following is taken from the Shoemart site (and comes up when I click the Chromexcel option after doing a search for indy): "Alden Men's Indy Boot High Top Blucher Workboot Style #: 40514H" "Heavy, 100% Cotton Duck with Leather Facings at Eyestays, Back, and Top" It doesn't mention anything about the Bootmaker's Edition. Maybe I'm just confused by the way they have the listing set up:...
I've never seen those polos before. Love 'em.
Quote: Originally Posted by gnatty8 Got my brown chromexcel "Bootmaker's Edition" 405 in yesterday from Shoemart. I thought these were leather lined but the shoe mart site indicates they are duck (unless I'm reading it wrong).
What's the story with Al's Attire shoes and boots? Walked by the shop the other morning when they were still closed. They had some interesting looking footwear in the window. I read that he gets his leather from Horween and that the boots are handmade. Apparently they use old stock cat's paw soles. Is all Horween calf created equal? If anyone own any of Al's Attire shoes, or knows anything about them, I'd appreciate comments.
Sator's formula, as awesome as it is, should only be a starting point in terms of fit. I have a fairly wide foot up front, and the problem that I've found with RMW is that sizing up width-wise, in an effort to accomodate the front of my foot, invariably leaves my heel practically floating in space when I flex. Even the rounder toe models like the yard boot leave me struggling between a boot that is slightly too tight at the widest part of my foot (9G) and one that leaves...