or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Those "little tanks" look quite similar to Leathersoul's snuff flex boot. The stitching is slightly varied and the soles are different. I love both of them.
i wouldn't mind seeing the dan posts
Quote: Originally Posted by UnFacconable The only thing I don't like about these is the half insole which tends to peel up on the inside, although I suppose I could have a cobbler glue them back down. I'm surprised this hasn't been mentioned sooner. In the S.F. store they literally could not find a pair whose insole didn't peel up on the corners as you withdrew your foot. I never had a problem with this in their Dalton or McCallum makes. Here...
I probably won't ever buy a black indy but those black and tans look very nice. I just caved in and ordered the Roy boot from Context. I went back and forth for a while and had a hard time getting anyone who owns the boot to post their pics. WTF? I wanted to see how they wear with normal wear--not just the infamous 'beaten to hell for 30 days straight' pics that always come up on internet searches. It's hard to lay down cash knowing I won't see these boots until May,...
The shop in San Francisco is now carrying the indy shoe. I prefer the boots myself, but they are now in stock if people are looking for them. They also have NST'shoes in cigar and whisky that looked super nice. Will call later about the possibility of custom order tanker boots.
+1 As far as I'm concerned, if I'm buying the suit, I'm buying the hanger. I won't fight about it. But most clerks, if they say anything at all, will listen to that reasoning if I'm polite about it. I understand they need to hang on to hangers, so if it's ever an issue I'll just promise to return with a decent generic hanger. But it's never been an issue.
Quote: Originally Posted by DrZRM I think the screwed soles give you a much sleeker and elegant look, but they are not really less "casual," as there is nothing formal about the lacking welt, they just look better. It's hard to get the screwed soles replaced in the USA (if anyone knows where they can do it, please let me know) Thanks. I didn't realize that the screwed soles meant the shoes lacked a welt entirely, but I guess it makes sense....
I'm thinking about getting a pair of the Turnouts in chestnut yearling because they seem super comfortable when I try them on in the store. These will be for casual wear with jeans--I'll take great care of them but won't be polishing them for mirror shine or anything. Would the screwed leather sole be inappropriate or too sleek for casual wear? Could I eventually have a regular sole put on when it came time to replace?
That's a great looking jacket that needs to be worn.
Anyone own a pair of these captoe boots in kudu leather? http://www.hstockton.com/product.asp?c=4&id=1192 I think they look great (though I would probably prefer them with a plain toe.) I just left a message at the store asking what last they are on. I'll edit this if / when I find out.