or Connect

Posts by Trapp

The only thing about them I would change if I could is the decorative metal inlay on the arm (I would prefer either none at all or a pair of circles). All other details (weight, color, shape, proportions) are spot on.
pics as requested. They are dark amber in color, not black.
Today I thrifted some great Paul Smith eyeglass frames for $7. They are in immaculate condition, fit my face perfectly, and I love the style (they are the PS 234). This find couldn't be more timely. 6 months ago my frames were smashed while playing tennis. Ever since I've been slumming it with some cheap, stretched out old frames I used to wear over a decade ago. The prescription remains accurate, so I took the Paul Smith's to a nearby eyewear shop and had the old...
Quote: Originally Posted by saint Didn't RL make an SC George boot this year? They did. And they're nice. A sales associate in the SF store had a pair for himself. A very clean boot.
Thanks. Those are E. Vogel shoes, by the way. I lucked out as they fit my feet incredibly well, as if they were made for me. The company still has the original last as well...
Quote: Originally Posted by bigbris1 The toe shape isn't bad, it's the side seam that's conflicting with the apron stitching/roll/moc toe/whatever. In this case I think the pants actually play a vital role. This is true, I think. I personally really like the shape of the toe . Generally, I prefer toe stitching over plain toe on shell cordovan because I love the way stitching looks on shell. I love the McCallum and I wear it often. But...
These shoes are great. They just look bad in these horrid zippyh photos that have been posted here and on another older thread about the Gifford. When I first saw these in the store, I loved them--and knew right away they weren't going to be for everybody. They're tough, heavy boots and they look great with denim. When I finally cough up for a pair I'm going to wear them hard and treat them like a cigar cordovan indy boot. I don't think these look as smart with...
As for drying out, my experience leads me to believe that it very much depends on the conditions that the shoes are exposed to and stored in. There is no guarantee that they WILL dry out if neglected, and no guarentee that they won't. I've found NOS shells 25 yrs old that had certainly never been cared for, and they were as supple and strong as the day they were made (and I wore them hard for years with no problems at all). On the other hand, I once found an old pair of...
Quote: Originally Posted by AgentQ The shoes are a bit blobby for my tastes, but bravo on restoring the cordovan!! Speaking of blobby shoes, here are some old shells I thrifted and restored with a slightly moist cloth, a brush, a bit of polish, and a lot of elbow grease...
Very nice shoes! It's not true that most people find RL / Polo / C&J shoes fit true to size; many need to size down 1/2 size. There's been quite of bit of discussion about that in the MC forum.