or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Speaking of Context, who has some Roy Boots? I'd like to hear more about them. I wonder how they compare in looks and durability to the chromexcel indys.
I didn't realize the forum special was the Turnout--my favorite Williams boot (which I'm still looking to buy in a 9G)!
DrZRM, I like the way your ultimate indy's have broken in. Have any more pics of them, closer up? I don't often see pics of these after they've been well-used.
Quote: Originally Posted by B|aze I'm not excactly sure what to do with it yet.. Wear it. (but fasten only the middle button)
Those ultimate indys are beautiful. The aniline calfskin on these is different from Chromexcel, or is it the same material? I thought they were different but now I'm not sure.
^^agreed.
Those boots of amlai's are kind of famous. Unfortunately, i believe he sent them in for recrafting and alden re-dyed them against his wishes. So they lost that great patina.
If anyone wants a pair of the Giffords in 9.5D then pm me. After wearing them 10-12 times I realize I don't need them. I received some shell indys as a christmas gift and they suit me better.
MKB's chukkas aren't shell (creases) but Bostonian did make shell shoes back in the day--and nice ones at that. I have a pair of their wingtips in shell.
Just want to respectfully disagree with those who think the shell indy boots are too dressy for raw denim. The styling of the boot is casual from top to bottom, esp. with a commando sole. The shell only seems dressy when the boots are new or well polished. A few pics can be found on SF and elsewhere that show how well they can look with denim.