or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay Can they replace a plantation crepe with a double leather sole? My crepe sole longwings are very comfortable, but not the prettiest shoes I own. I'm thinking of replacing the sole with double leather when I wear the crepe down. I'm curious about that question as well. As to the OP, I'm not sure it would be worth the cost to have those recrafted and relasted, after the $145 fee plus shipping. Seems you...
Quote: Originally Posted by Ahab I hate to say it but Whiskey is becoming my least favorite color of Cordovan....I still have to give the nod to Cigar and #8 as my faves but Ravello would be a very nice addition. I'm with you there. The longwing is just about the only shoe I can look at in whiskey. Others shoes (the indy and esp. the chukka) look plain bad to me in that color. Cigar is just amazing start to finish. I like #8 after it...
Steve Smith, are the Nettleton's real croc skin? I scored a nice, well fitting Givenchy jacket yesterday with patch pockets. Otherwise, held tight to my wallet. Passed on lots of stuff, including a solid charcoal heavy weight Norman Hilton. Fully canvassed, single vent. It was in great condition but way too big for my frame. The super wide lapels and $18 tag scared me away from picking it up for someone else. Nice fabric though. Also passed on another Givenchy (no...
there's even a pull up strap on the back if you look closely..didn't see that the first time
Not really a fan of the lace, strap, zip combo.
Just get whichever you like best. They're both nice shoes. I personally think longwings are over-rated in terms of versatility, though, esp for young people.
Niether will stretch in the toebox. If your difficulty is in the forward 2.5-3" or so, you'd be ill-advised to hope or plan for stretch.
Based on your description they are too short. There will be no stretch lengthwise.
^thx for the infomercial
Interesting chromexcel plain toe boot on the shelf there. The leather is a lot lighter in color than the chromexcel indy pictured. Wonder what last it's on.