or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Quote: Originally Posted by Seafinch I'm actually looking for a simple plain toe boot and I've never seen Red Wings that look like this after some wear... That's the beauty of the chromexcel. Actually, that particular pair of boots has been both admired and criticized. Criticized (with good reason imo) for being basically mistreated. They were purportedly worn for 30 days straight and beat to hell and back with no rest. Supposedly, they were...
Quote: Originally Posted by AriGold They're kinda like red wings, wolverine or whatever... of course there are subtle differences but the general style is very alike. One of the things the Roy's have that these others don't is the chromexcel leather. The only other boot out there (that I know of, at least) whose styling I like in this leather is the new chromexcel indy. If you already have an indy or two in rotation, but want a great looking...
What do your feet measure on the brannock scale?
This from the Horween site @ http://horween.com/index.php/leathers/ Chromexcel is characterized by a rich pull-up in full aniline, hand rubbed finishes. Made to this day with old world craftsmanship, modern Chromexcel carries on a long history of superior comfort and durability. Pull-up – A temporary lightening in color achieved by bending leather. This is caused by the temporary displacement of oils, greases, and/or waxes. The Roy Boot, a collab between...
....with the exception of the classic gucci horsebit.
I really like the idea a half-lined plaza lasted high vamp loafer in #8. But I don't understand the concept of black loafers, shell or otherwise. It just never made sense to me.
Quote: Originally Posted by mg428 Nevertheless, it seems that, even if we assume the PTB, wingtip and these chukkas are made on the same last, I think one needs to at least half size down in these chukkas regardless due to perhaps the nature of the chukka style. Based on my own experience, this seems right. I own the RL ptb's on the 325 last in size 10D and while they shade on the roomy side they work out well without heel slippage. That's why...
I actually don't recall the price, but it was good. They were keeping them at or near the old 405 price for now, but they will soon increase.
Used Cigar shell cordovan chukka boots made for Ralph Lauren. Size 10D on the C&J 325 last. I believe this to be US sizing but please see measurements below. Some people size down a bit on this last and that's what I should have done. This should fit someone with a 10.5D foot. My own foot measures exactly 10D on the scales and these chukkas are about 1/2 large on me. For comparison, here are some shoes that I wear: Allen Edmonds 'Byron' 10D ...
^That would be my guess, too. The G is in no way wider than the H.