or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Agreed. Do yourself a favor and assume that you don't take the same size in the cc as the regular craftsman. If it turns out you do, then you do (some people do, and most of the SA for RM Williams will tell you that the size should be the same.) But the cc definately has less room in the toebox. A few months ago I had bruised toes to prove it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sellran Several people have asked to see the Roy boots after some normal wear. Here are mine, worn about twice a week since last fall. Thanks for the roy pics. They look nice. With the saddle dressing treatment they almost look like kudu leather, at least in the pics. Quite a bit darker with less red peaking through than other roys I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen many.
Quote: Originally Posted by Razele Crepe sole = the new graphic t 'cause they're comfy like a t
Others should chime in, but I would reconsider wearing a thick merino wool sock with the yearling craftsman. The yard boot, maybe, but... If you go with the thick wool sock then, yeah, you'll most likely need to size up by 1/2 size. On a different note, anyone have pics of an aged boot in the greasy kip? I saw a really nice looking boot on an old man in rainy san fran the other day. I'm pretty sure it was a williams boot but hard to tell as I couldn't see the ankle...
Depends on how thick the sock is. You don't want too much room or your heel will slip. I have a 10D foot and take 9G in the Turnout (craftsmen is too tight in the toebox for my foot). These are guidelines though, and it's best to try going in for a fit.
7G is probably a good place to start
Looks like a really nice fit. Good find.
I like the look of the Drover. Unfortunately, the chisel toe a la craftsman just doesn't fit my foot. After trying a few craftsman, and visiting the Australia Fair in san francisco, I've concluded that the turnout is a much better boot for my feet. Now I just need to save up for some turnouts to confirm that they feel as good after hours of wear as they do in the shop.
Quote: Originally Posted by Seafinch I'm actually looking for a simple plain toe boot and I've never seen Red Wings that look like this after some wear... That's the beauty of the chromexcel. Actually, that particular pair of boots has been both admired and criticized. Criticized (with good reason imo) for being basically mistreated. They were purportedly worn for 30 days straight and beat to hell and back with no rest. Supposedly, they were...
Quote: Originally Posted by AriGold They're kinda like red wings, wolverine or whatever... of course there are subtle differences but the general style is very alike. One of the things the Roy's have that these others don't is the chromexcel leather. The only other boot out there (that I know of, at least) whose styling I like in this leather is the new chromexcel indy. If you already have an indy or two in rotation, but want a great looking...