or Connect

Posts by Trapp

Quote: Originally Posted by xbearx Lacoste Polos $20 Ralph Lauren Polos $20 New With Tags. Go away. or move this to the buying and selling forum where it belongs.
Quote: Originally Posted by racknac just go my Alden Indys from Jcrew. Should I be coating these with something before I start wearing them to protect them? If so, what should i use? I would just start wearing them. The pull-up leather is meant to be worn hard. After a while (several wearings) you should probably polish with a cream (Meltonian or Saphire, for example).
Quote: Originally Posted by ConcernedParent They will probably fit you better when your out of shape.... you know, vanity sizing and all. Actually, I take 30 or 31 already accounting for APC sizing...Some on here would probably size me in a 30 new standard right now, with fat and all, but I typically prefer just a slightly looser fit up top. Maybe I'll post fit pics later for opinions.
cross post from thrift store bragging thread... Today, a rare denim find: APC New Standards in size 30 that appear to have been soaked only once and worn none at all...for $12 and change. I take 30 when I'm in shape and a 31 when I'm not (right now I'm not) so I will probably wear these when I drop my winter fat, or (if I stay fat) I may try to trade them.
Today, a rare denim find: APC New Standards in size 30 that appear to have been soaked only once and worn none at all...for $12 and change. I take 30 when I'm in shape and a 31 when I'm not (right now I'm not) so I will probably wear these when I drop my winter fat, or (if I stay fat) I may try to trade them.
Question about Helmut Lang denim: Is some helmut lang made in Italy, some in USA? If so, is there a difference in quality? Thx
Quote: Originally Posted by IamCargo waxed lace + speed lock teeth are the murderer the teeth will split the laces into 2/2+ pieces easily Is there an explanation for why speed hooks are used on almost every Alden boot? There seems to be an awful lot of people, myself included, that would much prefer eyelets all the way up. But you rarely see them made that way (I can only think of a handful of exceptions: examples being leathersoul's...
Beautiful churches. Sorry, but those hartt's aren't shell cordovan.
Quote: Originally Posted by rebel222 The C&J "Chukka" (actual model name) is on the 200 last. It is fairly chunky. The old RL McCallums on the C&J 325 last are a fairly meaty chukka as well (with 3 rows of eyelets)
Quote: Originally Posted by idfnl Gonna start a "brands that used to be good thread" - unless there is one already? This thread already exists on here somewhere under another name. I can't seem to find it at the moment (will keep checking) but it covers the usual suspects (coach, LV, etc.) and is quite informative. May want to look around before starting a new one.