or Connect

Posts by Trapp

What's the story with Al's Attire shoes and boots? Walked by the shop the other morning when they were still closed. They had some interesting looking footwear in the window. I read that he gets his leather from Horween and that the boots are handmade. Apparently they use old stock cat's paw soles. Is all Horween calf created equal? If anyone own any of Al's Attire shoes, or knows anything about them, I'd appreciate comments.
Sator's formula, as awesome as it is, should only be a starting point in terms of fit. I have a fairly wide foot up front, and the problem that I've found with RMW is that sizing up width-wise, in an effort to accomodate the front of my foot, invariably leaves my heel practically floating in space when I flex. Even the rounder toe models like the yard boot leave me struggling between a boot that is slightly too tight at the widest part of my foot (9G) and one that leaves...
The 10H will be significantly larger in both the toebox and heel. If the 10G fit well in the rear of the boot, you risk heel slippage by moving up to the H--even if the H fits your toes better. In terms of the block heel, I'm in the 'ridiculous' camp. As you say, it's subjective.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arizor My cordovan #8s after approximately a year and a half of wear. Been wearing them all day so they need a wipe down and brush. Those look amazing, esp after just 1.5 yrs. The pics are taking forever to download, though. Re-size...?
Phenom leather on those.
Would Longines have a Japanese movement?
Nice, if they fit. C&J or Alfred Sargent? They look like the 325 last...
Agreed. Do yourself a favor and assume that you don't take the same size in the cc as the regular craftsman. If it turns out you do, then you do (some people do, and most of the SA for RM Williams will tell you that the size should be the same.) But the cc definately has less room in the toebox. A few months ago I had bruised toes to prove it.
Quote: Originally Posted by sellran Several people have asked to see the Roy boots after some normal wear. Here are mine, worn about twice a week since last fall. Thanks for the roy pics. They look nice. With the saddle dressing treatment they almost look like kudu leather, at least in the pics. Quite a bit darker with less red peaking through than other roys I've seen. Granted, I haven't seen many.
Quote: Originally Posted by Razele Crepe sole = the new graphic t 'cause they're comfy like a t