or Connect

Posts by Trapp

As far as I can tell, it was Alden (especially a few particular collabs about seven years ago - Context Clothing's 'Roy Boots' and LeatherSoul's 'Ultimate Indies') and Wolverine that really made CXL leather popular. Viberg is hardly a pioneer in using that leather.
I'm quite sure Wolverine was using CXL on their 1000 mile boots long before Viberg jumped on the CXL bandwagon.
OSB as in Oak Street Bootmakers? And Wolverine? Strange to see these two cited as cheaply made. They might not be Viberg's but they aren't exactly mall trash. In either case the CXL leather they are using is the same or very similar to Viberg.
Climbinglife, those boots are sick.
I wouldn't be at all surprised if the wear on the heels is chair-leg wear; I see that a lot on my own shoes. Especially if you sit in a roller chair, the wheels can occasionally give a good consistent rub to the inner heel. I personally think it's fine, but since you're not keen on it, have you tried giving the leather a good horsehair brushing? That should bring the oils up to the surface and blend the marks. With boots that see such gentle wear as you describe, the...
Viberg 145 oxford, made in Canada Tag size: 9.5 Leather: Color 8 Chromexcel Sole: Vibram Very gently worn. Excellent condition and not even close to being broken in. They laces are clean and stiff, the toes have only a few marks and scratches, the soles show little wear. They feature a partially structured toe. As others will attest, these are heavy shoes; the build quality of Viberg is outstanding. I think I captured good photos but will be happy to provide additional...
Iron Heart 301s Tag size: 33 I'm selling a pair of perfectly worn-in Iron Heart 301s jeans, 21 oz indigo selvedge denim. The pair if pretty much at the sweet spot, with beautiful high contrast fades but no significant structural deterioration. The jeans are totally stable and ready to wear; you're not inheriting any problems at all. The crotch has held up amazing -- it has never been repaired and doesn't need any repair. The stitching is solid throughout the entire jean,...
Nanamica Wind Parka Tag size : medium Season: Fall 2012 Condition: Worn very gently. The jacket looks almost new. The leather backings on two of the front buttons are missing. Nanamica jackets are some of the best classic parka style jackets around – the cut and fit on these jackets are PERFECT. I can’t think of another company that makes better designed parkas. The one I’m offering here, from Fall 2012, is one of the best iterations. To me, the two-tone blue on blue and...
Visvim Patrician Folk oxfords Tag size: US 10 Fall 2011? Two tone oxford with Vibram brick sole Length 12 7/16” Width 4 ¼” Condition: Gently worn, a handful of times and mostly in an office setting. As shown in photos, the soles show very little wear, even when looking at the heels straight on from the back. A couple of very minor toe bumps on the right shoe, seen only when looking at the shoe from straight on from the front (I guess I lead with my right). The...
Viberg 145 oxford, made in Canada Tag size: 10 Leather: Smooth Vintage Tan Sole: Vibram Christy Selling my first pair of Vibergs, which are about a half size too large for me. As the pics show, these are very gently worn. With only a few superficial scratches, they are in outstanding condition and not even close to being broken in. They laces are clean and stiff, the toes are near flawless (barely any scratching), the soles show very little wear. Most of the minor...