or Connect

Posts by Trapp

I haven't paid any attention to RRL in a few years and was pleasantly surprised that Unionmade has so many RRL denim / chino offerings. Aside from the blk on blks, looks like they're offering a greater variety of indigo jeans. But...are the 'vintage Draper looms' a different denim for RRL, or are they just articulating better how their denim has essentially always been made?
No, RRL jeans are vanity-sized so you need to size down from your actual waist size (if you want a good fit in the waist). As mentioned, the slim fit cut can be tricky - you need to keep an eye on the thigh measurement. On mine, to get the fit all up and down the leg that I like, I need to accept that the waist will be a little loose. Not bad at all, but a belt is necessary. For other cuts I size down a lot; I've found on most RRL jeans a tag waist size 32 fits more like a...
The 14oz. black on black stretches a little, but not much. Certainly not as much as their indigo denims that I've worn in years past.
Are those black on black slim fit jeans above? I love that denim. Anyone know if RRL makes black on black straight legs jeans? I own the slim fits and love them but would love to find a pair of straight legs in the black denim...
Levis Vintage Clothing LVC 501 - 1933 jeans Cone denim tag 32x32 I received these in a trade with a forum member a while back and never got the chance to wear them. They were new (but with only one tag, which I will include in the pocket). When I received them, I tried on and wore them inside for less than an hour so they are in excellent, like new condition. Measurements and details below - these have a relaxed fit (more so or less so depending how you size...
Skull 5010xx jeans tag size: 34 Made in Japan with 14.5 oz pima cotton denim Classic pair of Skulls. These are the 6x6 model and the 14.5 oz pima cotton denim is so good. Gently worn in an office setting for about 5-6 weeks with one soak and one handwash (gentle agitation) with air dry so sizing is stable. Some fades are coming in at the lap and along the expected highpoints - outline of pockets, fly, belt loops, etc. and there is some beautiful roping along the...
Nonnative jeans Made in Japan Tag size: 3 (see measurements - fits like a standard 36) Tried on only, never worn. I don't know the precise weight of the denim but it's substantial and on the heavy side - heavier than 12.75 ounces and I would guess in the 13.5 ounce 14 ounce range. Some details: Waldes zipper, full belt loops sewn into waistband with offset rear middle loop, military green ID selvedge, chainstitched hems, deep front pocketbags in ivory herringbone...
Sugar Cane 2013 - 11oz Summertime jean 33x32 Near new - no creases or fades. Terrific warm weather denim - a bit lighter than the typical 12.5 or greater weights but with a nice tight weave and a comfortable straight-fitted cut. Can no longer buy at Self Edge stores in this size. Nice long inseam at over 32" with original chainstitched hem. Specifications (from SE site) 11oz Japanese Selvedge Denim Blend of Texas & Zimbabwe Cotton - Double Ring Spun 3x1 Weave Pure...
Sugar Cane sexsc02 selvedge denim Tag size 34 x 34 14.5 ounce denim, houndstooth pocket bags, ostrich leather patch, button fly, hidden rivets, etc. made in USA (Pics are out of order -- shuffle to the end if you want the big picture views) Excellent (and now rare) in this condition. These first came out in 2007 and were touted as Sugar Cane's first slim cut jean. These proved to be a bit too large in the waist for me. The 14.5 ounce denim is amazing, along with the...
Grenson for Stuart's Choice Black captoe balmorals Made in England size 10D Excellent condition. Barely worn, clean inside and out, no wear on heels and the leather soles have 99% or more of life remaining. Great shoes for any formal occasion. $125 Please add $12 for Priority CONUS shipping. Please PM me with any questions. Cheers, and thanks for looking.