or Connect

Posts by skalogre

Quote: Originally Posted by Davidko19 bro, I moved to LA 5 years with 2 grand in my pocket and no job. Worked at circuit shitty for a month and lived with 2 roommates on an air matress, outta boxes and eating spaghetti o's til I got a real job. That job pulled in 32k a year and I was balling. As long as I had cash to pay my rent ($900/mo.) and get some PBR it was all good. Fortuantely I didnt have ANY debt - no loans, car paid off, etc... You can...
Well, I thought that this would be a good place to get some opinions as there is a large contingent of peeps in CA. So, Short of it is I'll need to get a new job soon, and naturally I have seen a considerable number of positions in the tech industry in California, most around the Bay area, San Francisco, San Jose et.c. as well as some further south. My primary concern is the cost of living. I know it is a rather substantial increase of costs compared to here, but with...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jeff H Thanks for the response, Stuart! I'll add that the Comfort Craftsman doesn't work for me. I've tried it, and as others have mentioned, the extra padding inside the boot makes the toebox tighter. I've tried on a regular Craftsman, and it fits my foot better than the Comfort. I assume the Blaxland will fit the same as the regular Craftsman, since it's just the sole changing, and nothing inside the boot. It's...
Quote: Originally Posted by TheWraith Both black and brown (and the various variations of brown on offer) go very well with jeans. So does claret
To do the Zaino multiple coats with multiple products thing takes a bloody long time, both to apply and cure. Especially painful for those of us with no covered parking.
Quote: Originally Posted by Maharlika Zaino has some really great products, but you do have to spend the time. I need to wax my car for the summer months. Just wondered what else is out there that requires less time. Ha ha. Zaino products really are great but you're right, they can be a pain in the rear to apply. I have switched to this: Optimum car wax (with the Optimum No Rinse Wash ) So much easier. Not really inexpensive but I...
Quote: Originally Posted by genericman can you get the stockman with a rubber sole? No idea, frankly, sorry.
Quote: Originally Posted by genericman ...though I heard it's not from a single piece of leather. The Stockman? A jodphur cannot be made as a wholecut due to the way it is designed and constructed. Some pics of my pair when new: http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...&postcount=276
Quote: Originally Posted by A Y It's actually quite good at the track --- it would take tremendous amounts of skill (like a pro-level racer) to find its limits. The car may not carry as much speed into the corners as an M3, but it is plenty fast. On the Nurburgring, we were passing all sorts of smaller, sportier cars, and that was with Sabine drifting through every corner. --Andre Well, Nordschleife would qualify as a fast track with high...
I find it hard to fathom that someone would take a large hulking heavy beast like an M5 at a track and enjoy it that much. I guess you'd need a track with lots of open high speed corners and long straights.