or Connect

Posts by skalogre

Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Screen Size = Is it much bigger than a netbook? If so, that's a plus. User-friendly = Are Netbooks or Macbook Air really that hard to use? I mean, seriously. If you can't use a Macbook Air you are a fucking vegetabke. Movies/Books = Books, maybe. For movies, no way. People watch movies sitting down. The fact that this is a panel instead of a flip makes it difficult to watch comfortably unless...
Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles Actually I forgot one. Battery Life. I will keep a running list of advantages of the iPad, to see if they outweigh the cons. 1) Longer battery life than a typical Netbook 2) Weight Actually my old Acer Aspire One with the SSD would get about 12 hours (cheap extended battery from eBay). My current one with the 120Gb "traditional" drive goes about 8.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick They have a larger version coming out in Q4, it will be named the maxiPad Quote: Originally Posted by MetroStyles So in a nutshell... What is the difference between this and a netbook? Well... Quote: Originally Posted by JetBlast THIS ONE IS COOLER BECAUSE IT HAS AN APPLE ON IT LOL Close - but the real reason is that netbooks are actually useful.
Quote: Originally Posted by Trapp Sator's formula, as awesome as it is, should only be a starting point in terms of fit. I have a fairly wide foot up front, and the problem that I've found with RMW is that sizing up width-wise, in an effort to accomodate the front of my foot, invariably leaves my heel practically floating in space when I flex. Even the rounder toe models like the yard boot leave me struggling between a boot that is slightly too tight at...
Quote: Originally Posted by DECEMBER Is the whole point of the comfort craftsman the poron insole? Would you order the same size in these as the regular craftsman? Been reconsidering ordering the RMW in shiny black leather... I want some black RMW chisel-toe to wear with jeans.. which options are available to me? Imho, no. There seems to be less room inside the CC. I had posted photographs sometime ago of 9G Craftsman and 9G Comfort...
Quote: Originally Posted by whiteslashasian Is anyone else excited about Battlefield Bad Company 2? The official website has a ton of HD videos including a lot of gameplay. It looks like a LOT of the buildings, cover, brush etc are destructable which is a neat feature (has there been much of that in a Multiplayer game?). http://badcompany2.ea.com/ I am just hoping there will be a BF3. Then again I am dirty PC user so... (or as UK...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tokyo Slim What do you mean "you people"?!?!?!?! Just kidding. Don't worry, I am always very jolly when I kick someone in half. Well, Matt - imho you're on the right track, You know, you could eat more stuff like those near-zero calorie shirataki or yam flour noodles, if you can stomach their rather questionable texture. Of course you'll get very little nutritional value from them so you'll have to be...
2010? I'll get back to you once it feels like I have a grip on my life again (and a job). P.s. I swear I hadn't forgotten about this place, the most luxurious ghetto of Incotex and Lobb. had to take a bit of a posting sabbatical (and stay away from the deals).
Quote: Originally Posted by Tez Mulan Can someone tell me why you'd order kangaroo leather over one of the standard types? Feels as soft and flexible as chamois. Ridiculously pliable, like fabric.
Quote: Originally Posted by binge You'll shit your pants when you see the rents, especially if you do some sort of rent vs. value. vs. commute analysis. But, if you have a decent-paying job you'll be able to afford it. And unless you live close to where you work, expect minimum 1 hour commute each way. Yeah, I noticed that the rents are double the amount. Yech.