or Connect

Posts by skalogre

Quote: Originally Posted by Wanderer Between yours and Astan's posts I think you've about driven a stake through this thread. It should also be noted, by the way, that some of the nastiest fighting in geographical Kurdistan - in modern times - was between the Iraqi Kurdish factions, the PUK and KDP. Be interesting to see what happens if they secede from Iraq and take Kirkuk with them. That will be some spoils war. Think that would happen? I...
One more note: the majority of these...events Turkey participated in (or initiated) were done under strictly secular governments. The Kemalist secular state idea has been enforced by the military ever since the Young Turks took over beginning of the 20th century.
Ok, this is starting to piss me off. Seriously, where were all you people before Turkey & Israel had this lover's spat? All I remember reading in this forum is excuses for Turkey's behaviour in the region as the USA depended on it to keep an eye on the neighbours and provide routes and logistical support for the Iraq war et.c. and its hardline military squashed dissent, the PKK and the Islamic elements in the country under yoke. For example, the thread on the resolution...
Quote: Originally Posted by Astan ...That said, they were participants in the Armenian Genocide, so I guess what goes around... well I shouldn't think that way. Only a) it was only sections of the Kurdish population that took part (a great many others either did not take part or actively opposed it) and b) they have acknowledged and apologised for the role of those that did participate.
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy Why are the Kurds hated by everyone? What did they do? Just the usual; they dared to exist in areas where other more powerful civilisations eventually took residence. They just had the vice put on them slowly until they were left with no homeland of their own... plus they were used interchangeably by others as soldiers or proxies. I believe Kurdish paramilitary/brigands (for lack of a better word) were...
Quote: Originally Posted by baseball_guy Didn't Iraq treat Kurds just as badly, and the USA promised the Kurds a state if they helped us? Yes. Welcome to geopolitics.
Quote: Originally Posted by turboman808 Popcorn hour and learn to use torrents. Will broadcast to anything from 1080p on down. When your ready to upgrade to a better TV you already have all your content ready to go and a device you understand how to use. Drop in a 2 terrabyte drive and your set. Plenty of other devices but I setup my house with popcorn hours 2 years ago and it doesn't rely on a server/computer to run the whole...
Quote: Originally Posted by skyman Let's just get one thing straight. Britains dirty little mitts (which are incidently still on the island) are the only thing tht stoppedTturkey rolling up the entire island. They didn't want to piss Britain off. The checkpoint over the border is just like checkpoint Charlie used to be. Little fortified viewing station where you can look across and see Turkish sentries. Families cannot visit each other. Turkey complain...
Wow... I should read the CESspool more often. Well, fret not, it IS possible to dislike both countries' policies SIMULTANEOUSLY. It is surprising (well, not really) how close they are in some ways (which explains their long standing cooperation in military matters, for instance, which still continues unabated). P.s. the "waah, anti-semitism" argument whenever someone objects to Israeli policies is laughable at best and the last resort of those with a distinct lack of...
Quote: Originally Posted by ceruleanstar Have you sold the bag yet? If not, I would be interested! Ah, sorry, item is sold.