or Connect

Posts by skalogre

Quote: Originally Posted by Ged The new Cinnamon colour yearling is very nice indeed. A bit like EG Edwardian. Everyone should have a look at the new catalogue. I'm thinking of getting a pair. Ged Any pics? Also, no one seems to have any info for this - any idea what colour "spice suede" is in real life?
Quote: Originally Posted by patrick_b I decided to get a Vibram half sole installed (the very common Vibram 2337) on my Yearling Craftsman. I started with the black pair and will drop off the chestnut pair as well. I always hated getting stuck in rain storms when traveling and this should allow me to wear them into the bad weather here in the northeast. Obviously they aren't snow boots, but my work consists of parking in a parking garage and walking a...
Does anyone know what colour "spice suede" is in reality? Have not found any photographs of it anywhere.
Quote: Originally Posted by lefty Thanks. For what it's worth, if you find the toebox of the craftsman 9G a little tight now it will be painful after a few hours of wearing. 9+G with an insert could work. lefty Agree. That is why I sold my 9G CC and replaced them with a standard 9G Craftsman with composite sole.
Quote: Originally Posted by marqueeumbrella I continued reading until page 62, so I learned a few things: I should get a storm welted boot if I want them to be watertight, the comfort craftsman is not more chunky than the regular craftsman, and the odd half sizes issue. Is the creasing of kangaroo leather purely an esthetic issue? And after intensive wear (as a work boot, rather than as a fashion/style item) can you make kangaroo leather look smart...
Quote: Originally Posted by Aus_MD I don't have an answer for this. If we agree that the attacks were legitimate, and I have some sympathy for that view, then we are saying that terrorism is a legitimate tactic for 'freedom fighters/terrorists' to use. ... Yeah, well, guess what, that always depends on who ends up writing the history books. Part of what makes the world such a messy, messy place. And there are old Brits who view Cypriots the...
Quote: Originally Posted by kwilkinson Why the fuck would someone include driving in a talk about sports? Err, because these are very physically demanding activities? not just due to amount of focus required for prolonged periods but also due to physical endurance and strength required. It is very different from tooling around in a car. Don't look at pot-bellied NASCAR drivers as examples Example link:...
Quote: Originally Posted by bkk Just skip BR altogether. The picture quality improvement is nice, but not noticed by all, and the audio quality improvement is negligable. You aren't the real Stig so I don't believe you!
Quote: Originally Posted by globetrotter are you kidding? a billion people in the world wake up every morning and say"the israelis are terrorists, they used to kill british soldiers" yes, its true. but 1. it was a single inccedent - the british were planning on executing several jews for possesing weapons. a branch of the the jewish underground kidnapped the same number of soldiers and said that it would execute one for one, and then did so. 2....
I am rarely an optimist when it comes to politics but sad to see that the little hopes I had back in 2007 ended up, well, completely dashed. I guess time did tell --> SNAFU again: Quote: Originally Posted by skalogre I thought I should stay out of this one but I have to agree on a few points. The last two governments have been a lot less combative with us and Greece which is good for the area's stability (remember the two earthquakes? Contrast that...