or Connect

Posts by converge

256 and 258 now available in Navy:
Similar but not quite Kodawood chair: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2-Mid-Century-Modern-Chair-Seymour-James-Weiner-Eames-Era-Miller-Nelson-Style-/321068866719?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4ac1321c9f
I like these mid-century chairs, but because of the slight lounge position of the backs, they don't look like they would be suitable for eating.
I recently treated the bridle leather of my 246 with Obenauf's LP. The issue is that some of the stitching has turned white. Can I assume that this will eventually be absorbed by the leather and fade away? It's been three days now and there is still significant white coloring on some of the stitching.
I'm guessing they switched away from YKK zippers for financial reasons. Looking at both zippers, the Filson zippers appear to be more copper colored while the YKK zippers appear to be more yellow colored. I think I prefer the look of the YKK.On a different note, I recently treated the bridle leather of my 246 with Obenauf's LP. The issue is that some of the stitching has turned white. Can I assume that this will eventually be absorbed by the leather and fade away? It's...
That's when I bought them, both from Crane's. But unless they were sitting on the shelf for a long time (I believe the 246 had to be ordered from Filson), that's probably the year they were made as well.
My 2009 257 has YKK zippers and my 2011 246 has Filson zippers.
Not a DSX. That's a DSS.
Thoughts on the tan with similarly colored khakis? I have a tan 257 and tan 246 but I'm thinking about picking up a 256 for office/work use. Since I'll be mostly wearing khakis, I'm thinking the otter green will have a better contrast color-wise but I've never seen that color in real life. It looks somewhat bland in the online pictures. This is a casual office environment so I could pull off either color.
Not even close.