or Connect

Posts by hopkins_student

Quote: Originally Posted by whoopee I suggest the C&J Hallam for a very serviceable black captoe. Much more stylish than Alden/AE and the like. I don't see that on the C&J website. What's it look like? Is it handgrade?
Anyone planning on becoming an early adopter of Blu-Ray?
Is this too nice of a shoe to be wasted on black calf leather? I'm thinking about making this the Lobb that I go for, and I need a serious black cap-toe shoe...I don't have anything in this slot right now. If you wanted to buy a Lobb and needed a black cap-toe would you buy the Philip II or by a C&J Handgrade black cap-toe to fill that void and find something else for the Lobb? Thanks, HS.
No pics, sorry, but I'd vote "wierd". And I don't see how they could be French (double) cuffs. It seems they would have to be single link cuffs, but still, very wierd.
Maui Jim Titanium Sport or something like that. The middle size of the three.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Neiman Marcus has Lobb trunk shows where from experience seems to be the only time to order such things. The 8000 is fairly similar as it has a somewhat chiseled toe. Any idea when they're coming to Beverly Hills? The Naseby is calling my name.
Oh, and does JL Paris offer a refurbishing/refinishing service similar to what EG has?
Is John Lobb Paris as friendly as EG when it comes to ordering shoes with slight modifications from their Prestige RTW line? Also, does purchasing JL Paris work just like EG: order any shoe on any last? Can Neiman Marcus place such an order? What's the wait time and expected price for JL Paris Prestige RTW or MTO? What JLP lasts are similar to 888, 82, and 89 from EG? My birthday's coming up and all my monetary gifts plus my gift to myself may fit a pair into my...
Quote: Originally Posted by TKDKid Like on these? - John Lobb Paris Prestige Line Naseby If you mean "chisel" in a loose sense: - John Lobb Paris Derwent I could go for the Naseby on that Derwent last.
Thanks for the heads up. Talking to the guy over the phone it didn't sound like they'd have anything stock I'd be interested in. But this is a way for me to develop a relationship with a retailer who can acquire the shoes for me since nobody in LA can.