or Connect

Posts by hopkins_student

You'll be fine with those. For the most part for my residency interviews I wore a dark brown semi-brogue. I think I pulled out the double monk straps for a couple of interviews I cared less about.
Having some friends over for dinner Tuesday, making barbecue chicken. Does anyone have any recommendations for good barbecue sauce for chicken? Something readily available (maybe Whole Foods). Thanks, h_s.
I'll certainly have to be selective about where I wear them. There's a time and place for nearly everything. I have plenty of subdued ties.
From the latest visit to Las Vegas and the Kiton boutique. Just arrived by UPS yesterday. My Galaxy Nexus camera didn't do the best job of handling the combination of artificial and natural light, so the colors aren't the best. The shirt and the first two ties are the closest to how they actually look. Navy with gray stripe. Very soft, natural shoulder. (Is "shirtsleeve" shoulder still used?) Pants are flat front with cuffs. Light blue with dark blue and pink...
Women. Although my field is dominated by men, there aren't many of us and we're surrounded by nurses.
Every time I reply to a thread my response gets posted 2-4 times. I'm only clicking the submit button once. Any thoughts? I'm sure this post will only come across once...
As someone who has purchased several RTW Kiton suits this is precisely the reason why. With one or two bespoke garments I could probably get the hang of asking for what I wanted and visualizing the fabric swatches turned into clothes, but I don't have the time or interest to travel for multiple fittings. Perhaps if I lived in New York or London I would consider trying Rubinacci, but how my life is right now I can't plan trips back and forth for fittings. Also, by...
I'm not certain. I think there has to be a point where the demand curve steepens considerably.
When I got into tailored clothing about ten years ago I'd admire the Kiton and Brioni suits at Neiman Marcus that were priced at $3,200. A few years later (2005-6) both were selling for $5,000. Brioni for the most part has stayed there (most suits were $5,500 on my visit to the Vegas boutique in March), but now when I venture into the Kiton boutique prices are $8,300-$9,100. So, what's the ceiling for Kiton? Are they really going to be able to sell RTW for $10,000, or...
For Saturday night you probably can't go wrong with Sage. It's certainly not my favorite restaurant in Vegas by any means, but I think it will fit your needs pretty perfectly and everyone can find several things on that menu that will appeal to them. And if any of your friends are the type to feel like they are stiffed if they don't get Cheesecake Factory portions at a restaurant they'll be pretty satisfied with Sage. If you're wanting something a little nicer but a...