or Connect

Posts by hopkins_student

If there's a similar performance bump from the 1.2 to 1.3 GHz processors I'll probably be kicking myself for not spending the extra $150 to bump up the processor. On the other hand, I was tired of waiting and didn't want to spend another four weeks waiting on the computer.
Not much of one. If there is it is so minimal that it doesn't interfere with the browsing experience. And when I just browsed through several pages to check it I've got 6 Safari tabs open and Outlook is downloading 17,000 emails. Not the heaviest use by any means, but a reflection of my typical use.Not sure what the difference is. Maybe the very subtle delay that I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't gone looking for it is not so subtle to you.
I've spent a bit more time browsing with it this evening. It's loaded SF pages without any delay. Loaded the Star Wars trailer embedded in the thread in E&C without stuttering. I think it's going to be a capable machine for my meager needs.
No, I got the 1.2 GHz model. The keyboard is not perfectly uniformly lit. I do however like the keyboard. All buttons depress the same way.
I've spent so much time trying to get iTunes set up correctly that I haven't done much else. I got the pinwheel loading indicator every time I opened Word or PowerPoint. It wasn't for very long but it was noticeable. I was prepared for it to be underpowered. I'm not going to do anything but web browsing, word processing, and managing my iTunes media with it. But I'll probably replace it in 18 months.
Fuck this is frustrating. I reset the settings on my phone and iPad which succeeded in getting them to stop trying to sync with my iMac. But now I can't get them to enable wifi syncing when I connect them to the MacBook with a cable. I thought the great thing about Apple was that this shit "just works." It's pretty, polished stuff, but this is fucking ridiculous. Not happy on day 1.
Alright, need your help on something. Thanks in advance. When I set up my new MacBook I copied the iTunes folder from my iMac and used it to replace the iTunes folder on the MacBook. I have synced my phone with the MacBook and backed up the phone to it, but still when I try to sync via wifi my phone still only wants to sync with my iMac. I assume this is because iTunes thinks that my MacBook is the same as my iMac because it's using the same library. Does that sound...
It's here.
The MacBook is on the truck for delivery this morning. Excite.
I'm irritated that on Wednesday the Apple Store staff told me they would have MacBooks in stock today and they clearly don't. On the other hand I really liked the feel of the Macbook. Very excited about getting it.