or Connect

Posts by hopkins_student

I'm traveling in Italy with my wife and parents. Yesterday my mom suffered a profound stroke. To say that the care that has been provided is inadequate would be an understatement. In fact, to even call it "care" is too charitable. The Italian physicians have failed to display even the least bit of professional courtesy. It's truly disgusting.
Jay Z and Beyoncé in the lobby of the Four Seasons Florence last night. Serena Williams in the lobby of Roma Cavalieri Saturday night.
Really enjoying the Davidoff Winston Churchill cigars lately.
That must be my problem. The screen is so pretty I can't stand to turn it down more than two clicks. Hurts the battery pretty badly.
Damn. What brightness setting?
If there's a similar performance bump from the 1.2 to 1.3 GHz processors I'll probably be kicking myself for not spending the extra $150 to bump up the processor. On the other hand, I was tired of waiting and didn't want to spend another four weeks waiting on the computer.
Not much of one. If there is it is so minimal that it doesn't interfere with the browsing experience. And when I just browsed through several pages to check it I've got 6 Safari tabs open and Outlook is downloading 17,000 emails. Not the heaviest use by any means, but a reflection of my typical use.Not sure what the difference is. Maybe the very subtle delay that I wouldn't have noticed if I hadn't gone looking for it is not so subtle to you.
I've spent a bit more time browsing with it this evening. It's loaded SF pages without any delay. Loaded the Star Wars trailer embedded in the thread in E&C without stuttering. I think it's going to be a capable machine for my meager needs.
No, I got the 1.2 GHz model. The keyboard is not perfectly uniformly lit. I do however like the keyboard. All buttons depress the same way.
I've spent so much time trying to get iTunes set up correctly that I haven't done much else. I got the pinwheel loading indicator every time I opened Word or PowerPoint. It wasn't for very long but it was noticeable. I was prepared for it to be underpowered. I'm not going to do anything but web browsing, word processing, and managing my iTunes media with it. But I'll probably replace it in 18 months.